Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the bonus gods have smiled and I can go forward with the new engine. Getting an MMR Longblock. Here are some of the specs. One change is I have a new aluminum Cobra block I am shipping to them to build with and I am also getting the new TFS 2V heads.
MMR Street Mod 900 2V Longblock

This Fully forged MMR longblock can handle up to 900HP. They include the
MMR Street Mod 900 shortblock with Forged MMR/Manley Pistons, 4340
Forged Manley H-Beam Rods w/ARP bolts, Forged Crankshaft fully balanced
and blueprinted in a Brand new 03/O4 Cobra or Windsor Block, and fully
assembled with new Ford Motorsport PI heads, ARP head studs, MMR/Felpro
head gaskets, New factory Ford Motorsport Valves, springs, retainers,
lifters, roller followers with factory PI cams professionally
timed/degreed with new timing chains,guides, tensioners and a High
Volume oil pump.

Just add your Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover and GO!

Got to get the block crated and sent and then start pulling to poor old motor. Lot's of work ahead!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Damn sounds like you got a nice bonus. That is going to be one sweet Bullitt

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Very nice Brian! Those internals should make more power as well! SWEET! That setup will absolutely allow you to make some nice burnouts in the Kemah parking garage!

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
very nice . :dhg01:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Damn!! That sounds perfect!

Nearly exactly what I would do too. Aluminum block, built bottom end, and the TF 2v heads!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
timetable and being careful

Well, I got the aluminum block crated up today. Have to try and get it shipped out tomorrow.

Assuming they can use it, they gave me a week turn around to build the motor. Problem is I'll be traveling now, about 45-50 days over the next 60! So... It will probably be April 18/19 before I can actually start putting it in so no rush really.

Other problem is even though the engine is good for 900 hp and the turbo will certainly make it, the tranny is only good for 400 which I'm exceeding already. Have to dial it back until I can afford a t-56, and then it will get real fun!

I'll be taking pics as it progresses and post them. Also post pics of the old motor when I get a chance to tear it down to see the carnage.. kinda sad.

More to come!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
that's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm in the same boat with the Motor Replacment. I'm going through a local tuner and doing a 5.0 Ford Racing Cast Iron block, stroking it out to a 5.3 and using the Ford GT Cylinder 4v Heads. I'm selling my Kenne Bell to build this block to be 1100hp Rated so that when I want to put on a 2.8h Kenne Bell it can handle it with ease, or maybe pull a BC and go Twin Turbo, all in all it's going to be an interesting next couple months seeing these cars arise and what numbers they can produce!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jagwire540 said:
I'm in the same boat with the Motor Replacment. I'm going through a local tuner and doing a 5.0 Ford Racing Cast Iron block, stroking it out to a 5.3 and using the Ford GT Cylinder 4v Heads. I'm selling my Kenne Bell to build this block to be 1100hp Rated so that when I want to put on a 2.8h Kenne Bell it can handle it with ease, or maybe pull a BC and go Twin Turbo, all in all it's going to be an interesting next couple months seeing these cars arise and what numbers they can produce!
Let me know when you put that KB up for sale!! I'm intereseted.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jag,, sorry to hear you are in the same boat. Guess we will have fun when we get them back together. Keep us posted on your progress too!

·
Registered
297 Posts
VCal-Bullitt2567 said:
Let me know when you put that KB up for sale!! I'm intereseted.
I've got a guy supposed to come pick it up within the next week for $4k. If anything falls through I'll definitely let you you!

I'll definitely keep you all updated on the progress of mine as well. Hopefully with all going right I'll have at least a N/A running car within the next month or two.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Must feel good to be getting a fresh n new forged motor. Congrats

I was doing the same but spent the money on this for now. I will do the motor for the Bullitt later this year.

Here's what I spent my forged motor money on.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool. Nice clean Fox GT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts