Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know we’ve got a running mileage thread but I’m betting I must have some sort of record.

I’ve owned my Bullitt not much more than two months now (Bought 7/12/08 ) and at the end of this week I now have logged just over 9601 miles! So much so I’m going to try to rent a vehicle next week because I’ve going to probably put in about 1200 miles for my job.

The significance was further bolstered by the fact that I’ve been running my dealer issued tags up until today – when I just finally received my DMV issued license plates in the mail. I’m still waiting for my personalized plates BTW.

While I’m sure there are Bullitts out there with more miles on them I would be curious to know if I’m the only one to have clocked so many miles in such a short period of time.

Part of me says I should feel bad about this but I’ve got a admit that I’ve enjoyed every mile! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Bret, thats a lot of miles indeed. I got mine in February and still don't have close to that. It sounds like a record to me. You get the busted speedo prize.:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sniffroe said:
Bret, thats a lot of miles indeed. I got mine in February and still don't have close to that. It sounds like a record to me. You get the busted speedo prize.:wink:
Uh? Thanks? :confused:

BTW! What do I get with that Busted Speedo Prize? :smile:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Bret08 said:
Uh? Thanks? :confused:

BTW! What do I get with that Busted Speedo Prize? :smile:
More enjoyment from driving your car than most others get with their cars in the garage. :smile:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
drive it..all new cars depreciate about the same over time if you drive them or not

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is a lot of miles for two months. But then again, they're probably "highway" (s)miles!:wink:

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of seat time.

I have 11.5k but I've had mine since January and have had two 600 mile trips and a 3000 mile trip to Nats.

I parked mine last month and made one 10 mile roundtrip since. Once the road debri from the storm clears I'll bring it out some but will try to keep it down a little.

You may reach 100k before others reach 1000. :lol: Enjoy it though!!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bret, sounds like you're having a GOOD TIME in your Bullitt!!! I got HG313 in Dec 07. I think it's still under 10K miles, but honestly I'm not sure:eek: . I drove it from Virginia to Illinois and back over the Labor Day weekend. It ran like a charm, turned lots of heads, and was just great turning it loose on some open road for a change. While refueling somewhere in between, a guy recognized the Bullitt. Of course he had compliments for the car and told me to keep the mileage low cause "one day it will be worth lots of money." I told him, "Not in my lifetime, cause I'm driving it!":tongue: I took it to the dealership for an oil change when I got back. Otherwise, I look at the tachometer a lot more than the odometer. I'm a car enthusiest, not a car collector. Life is short - take care of yourself, your car, and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I have about 6700 miles since January and I glad to be keeping them low. I wore out the last couple of cars because I had to commute long distance every day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.