Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The opportunity to participate in the '08 Bullitt launch was presented to me in early October. I was told a stock '01 Bullitt would be needed and how close to stock was 4865. I said it would only take a few hours to convert it back. Wheels, chin spoiler, grill delete, some interior pieces and back to stock it went! On Oct. 15th I get an email from Steve Turner, Editor in Chief of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords magazine. He wants to shoot my '01 Bullitt with an '08 Bullitt he is receiving from Ford for testing. We make arraignments to meet in Lakeland, FL on the 21st of October. So, on Saturday night just hours before heading out the door to see the '08 Bullitt live and in person, I'm throwing another coat of Meguiar's NXT."
Read the new article <a href="http://www.imboc.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=57&Itemid=2">here</a>.

Brad was the first Bullitthead (outside of Ford?) to drive the new Bullitt.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Just read the article, I think that is fantastic. Congrats to 9mm .

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Great article, Brad carried the flag for us Bullittheads well. It must have been quite a rush to be the first non Ford employee to drive the '08 Bullitt. I love the part aboot (sic) B-Man being in the penalty box as an off-ice official when Brad called him to rub it in!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very Exciting!!!

That was a great write-up Brad...I felt like I was along for the ride with you. Excellent job! I learned a bit too. So how is the entrance/exit from the '08? Do you like the seats as well as the '01? Is the cockpit feel still there? Nice to hear the '08 has a nice rumble. Thanks for sharing your exciting day.
--Forte Two-Mom

·
Administrator
6,215 Posts
Brad,

Thanks for sharing. It was awesome to see that you were able to donate your car to the cause and to have the chance to drive the '08.

Do you recall what the torque numbers looked like for your car and the '08?

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Very jealous Brad, good article. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
That was a great story, I am Highland green with envy..

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Nice Brad! Must be cool to know that you were the first.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
FORTE TWO-MOM said:
That was a great write-up Brad. So how is the entrance/exit from the '08? Do you like the seats as well as the '01? Is the cockpit feel still there?
--Forte Two-Mom
It wasn't anything I noticed. Being 6'4", getting in and out of any Mustang is harder than getting in something like an Expedition! The seats in the '01 really wrap around me. In the '08, I didn't quite get the same feel, but they were definitely comfortable. Yes, the cockpit feel (that doesn't sound right!) is similar. In fact with the shifter in the '08 closer to you increases the feel.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Brad,

Thanks for sharing. It was awesome to see that you were able to donate your car to the cause and to have the chance to drive the '08.

Do you recall what the torque numbers looked like for your car and the '08?

Congrats!
Tony, it was real tough to donate my '01 for the cause! :lol: I don't recall the torque numbers.

·
Car Whisperer
20,783 Posts
Congrats Brad and thanx for such a well written account of your encounter with the 08Bullitt. Envious we all are!!!!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Way to go Brad, nice article!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts