Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the Stangnet website and saw a post by a guy with a 2001 GT. It wouldn't have bothered me except that his bulletin board name was BETTERBULLITT. Curiosity got the best of me, and I wanted to see what he had done to make a better Bullitt. Here are the mods that he had in his sig:

JBA Ceramic Coat Headers
Bassani X-Pipe w/cats
Steeda (Borla) Cat-Back
Kar Kraft Ram Air w/out stripes (to make that monster scoop functional!!)
70mm Ford Racing Throttle body
Steeda Tri-Ax w/Bullitt shift knob
MGW Limited Billet Light Switch & E-Brake Handle
UPR Racing Products Billet Window, Lock and Mirror Switches, and Billet A/C Knobs, Bullitt Shift Ring
Paul Svinicki Sub-Frame Connectors
Steeda Underdrive pullies
Dyno'd @ 224 rwhp & 268 ft/lbs stock
Dyno'd @ 235 rwhp & 272 ft/lbs after mods

Maybe it's just me, but it sure looks like he's spent a ton of cash, just to get the rear wheel hp up to the numbers that I'm seeing from stock Bullitts on the dynos. How exactly is that better? :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ok, he's improved his HP numbers, at what cost? Now, all he has left to do are the suspension and brakes. I guess if he wants to spend 7 or 8 grand when he coulda spent less than 4 at list price is OK. Maybe he's just doing his part to keep the economy going.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ouch. With all them stuff put on a Bullitt, our rear wheel hp would be pushing near the 255 mark. Better Bullitt? What a joke.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't forget to add in for the seats and gauges. Plus the alternator, intake and C-pillar.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Now I heard that he has nothing against the bullett, but had purchased a GT and later decided to modify his car and decided to use that name to show he could build himself a good car. It was not meant as a slam. But maybe we should let him speak for himself.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good point green.
if nothing else, just let a little smile come to your face when you think of all the extras Ford put on our Bullitts for under $4000!! we made out like Bandits!

when Bullittclub 1st started, one of the members put together a VERY comprehensive list of every upgrade from a std. GT that Ford put on our cars,......it's VERY nice to see that entire list.
anyone remember where it is in our past????

·
Registered
393 Posts
I post over there occasionally and I've hammered "BB" for that username. He's fully aware of what a Bullitt can do in stock form, especially after this last weekend :grin:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nice site WERM. Thanks for the database!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Todd, on your Bullitt page,you made a small mistake with the TB, it's not a Cobra TB, but twin 57mm TB.This is not a flame.:grin::

·
Registered
393 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-02 23:36, twoponys wrote:
Todd, on your Bullitt page,you made a small mistake with the TB, it's not a Cobra TB, but twin 57mm TB.This is not a flame.:grin::
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

the cobra does have a twin 57mm TB. The Bullitt TB looks exactly like the TB on my 98 Cobra

·
Registered
835 Posts
Jeff's right. We've got the older 57mm twin while the 2001 Cobras have a 62mm twin.

BTW Jeff, your timeslips were mailed yesterday from the office.

·
Registered
111 Posts
whoever said that bullits make 255 at the rear is on drugs. like 230, 235 i can see but 255 is just plain wrong. he spent very little in terms of performance mods. he has headers underdrives, and exhaust. I may be missing things but nothing to big i don't think. That stuff costs at most like 1500 and that is a weak dyno from what i can tell. stock gt dynos like 225 at the wheels

1 - 19 of 19 Posts