Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd just finished detailing the Bullitt and went around back to get something out of the trunk. When I was done, rather than putting finger marks all over the top of the trunk lid, I tried to pull the lid down by grabbing the black plastic that houses the lock mechanism, etc. Pop! It falls off into my hands!:eek: Duh, says I. Well, it snapped easily back into place, and taught me a valuable lesson. Don't do that! :lol:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
This is good to know. I just keep the rag in my hand to place on the trunk surface. If something were to come off I would panic.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I push the trunk down with three fingers and use a cloth and spray detailer to erase the fingerprints. Then I open the trunk to place the cloth and detailer in its carton, then I push the trunk down with three fingers. I open the trunk to remove the cloth and detailer............................
No wonder Im so tired at night.
Hesh

·
Banned
978 Posts
If you do not utilize the trunk area, there will be no issue(s) regarding this matter.

I do not utilize the trunk area and therefore have no issue(s).

:py2:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Hesh said:
I push the trunk down with three fingers and use a cloth and spray detailer to erase the fingerprints. Then I open the trunk to place the cloth and detailer in its carton, then I push the trunk down with three fingers. I open the trunk to remove the cloth and detailer............................
No wonder Im so tired at night.
Hesh
Don't drive it much do you.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I just close the top of the trunk with the bottom of my fist. I don't want to loosen anything like the faux gas gap or lock thing by closing the trunk by that. I sure don't miss the spoiler on my 07 GT; the only useful thing it did was make the sat radio antenna less noticeable.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
01 Bullitt driver here. I use the Texas Tag on the trunk lid to push it shut.

If I had an 08 I'd probably press my hand lightly against the fake gas cap towards the trunk lid, then downward to close.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
PX said:
If you do not utilize the trunk area, there will be no issue(s) regarding this matter.

I do not utilize the trunk area and therefore have no issue(s).

:py2:
Trunk? Is that whats under there!*********

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.