Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to tell the new members about last years Nationals and why this is the best Mustang site there is.

First Mike (68Medic) drove his 1968 Bullitt movie clone up from the LA area to San Francisco. When he was fairly close to SF, he started hearing a sound no one wants to hear,like the engine had a serious internal problem. He pulled over and shut it down as quickly as he could but the damage was done. Somehow, the air cleaner stud worked it's way loose, and made it down through the intake to one of the cilinders and you can guess the rest.. He had it towed to the hotel and after emegency surgery in the parking lot found #8 cilinder was toast. It was not going anywhere.

Now first John (DOC1FMF) offered his trailer to tow him home. That was enough in itself. But the Bullitt Nationals staff wanted to do more. During the raffle we took up donations for Mike and also auctioned off several items to aid Mike in getting his car runningWe began by auctioning off a shirt signed by the attendees donated by Mark (Marjenl) and his wife . The biding went up to $122.50 and Mark won the auction! We also passed a box around and collected from everyone that wished to donate. Next came Kurt and a Nats staff tie died shirt. It sold for $110 I believe. Next up was English Bob and his badge case with a badge and a Steve McQueen ID inside. It went for a whopping $350. By this time Mike had returned and the staff totaled up the money. We brought Mike up and presented him with $1250 in cash!

Second, Forte Two (Justin)a member of the US Army came back on leave to attend the Nationals. He had his oil changed and somehow on his way back to Missouri, the filter worked loose and he lost all the oil and his engine. Now he was stuck in Winslow, AZ. 68 Medic read about Forte 2 and contacted his friend at Centerforce. Centerforce went and picked the car up and are in the process of a total makeover on Justin's car. If that had not of went through, OKC Bullitt (Scott) was going to drive down and trailer the car back and had promised to help with the reconstruction.

This is why this is the best site there is. People from all over helping each other. The car's are just the excuse we need to drive halfway across the country for a weekend to see old friends and to make new one's! Bullittheads I salute you.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wooo Hooo Imboc Nats!!!!

Pretty good recap of an increadible weekend. But those stories told only a blink of an eye in time. It demonstrated the brotherhood and sisterhood we share in the love of a great car and company of some of the coolest, fun and increadible people. I had a feeling I was surrounded by my BEST FRIENDS, all 100+.
How about the parking lot demolition duo. Brian (BC) and Rikki Racer. 30,000 miles of rubber up in smoke. Litterally!! A nice little visit from SF's finest. I am sure the fire dept. responded to the area looking for a towering inferno, only to find scorched earth.
Imprompt too parking lot party. Started with a few of us using the hotel BBQ. to a great dinner for all and a killer parking lot out door party almost until the sun rise.
Cool Cars! Good Friends! Great Times!!

I will find a way to make it to Tulsa!! This time I think I am bringing my own trailer for the Ol'68.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts