Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Nice piece of work. Did most things right. He knows old school won't like the wheels, but heck, it's his car. :lol: I don't care for the large wheels either...:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hi All,
It looks remarkaby similar to the Motor Trend car we saw at nats last year.

The stock brakes, even with red calipers, don't seem to be the right fit for those 20 inch wheels.

Suspension looks just right.

The hood ..... is good!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
good enough, a true one of one. wonder if he got the interior done too????

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Tribute Car

Really not too bad. A little bland and needing a little more chrome in my opinion. Wheels don't look bad in the photo. Drop that brand of louvers though.

Nice Ride !!! :wink:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Detroit could take some lessons from this one.

They should use this for the movie remake, if they ever do it.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Great Car !!!

Very creative individual here. :smile:

The job he did on the hood is EXACTLY what Detroit should do with the 2008. I think he did a GREAT JOB!

I really don't think the photos he posted does this car enough justice, to be honest. I bet it looks a lot better in actual appearance.

I don't think the wheels look bad, but I like the 2001 version better than the black wheels. I don't think they look too big but 17(s) might be a little softer ride and still handle just as well ... (???)

I haven't seen any quarter window louvers that I like on any of these cars. So far all the louvers I ahve seen look a little cheesy.

I didn't really like the louvers on the 67-68 neither, but at least they functioned. Personally I think this new body style looks best with the glass there as opposed to any louvers.

Chrome ... this body style needs a little chrome, for example bumpers, door handles, and quarter panel vents to echo the 67-68. Not too much, but just enough.

I think the new GT-CS front bumber assembly would look good on the 2008 BULLITT. It is a very distinctive design and probably directs air better.

I think somebody in the aftermarket now is doing retro Pony and Mach1 interiors for under $1-K. They offer these in vinyl and leather. Somebody ought to write them and ask them to do a 67-68 retro theme.

If I had the funds, I'd buy the FR500C in white, strip it and paint it DHG, BULLITTIZE it throughout and DRIVE IT EVERYDAY ~ !!! :wink:

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
It is always nice when someone goes down the Bullitt trail. He did a nice job. I agree the wheels and it is sitting to high.But it does make me want to go get some DHG paint for my wifes windvale blue mustang.
Casey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts