Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the a/c is being used, I was wondering if anyone else's happens to smell like a barnyard when they first turn it on? I don't know where 406 lived before but smells like it might have been Porky the Pig's daily driver. P.U.! Got any advice for fixes besides a clothespin on my snoot? :faint:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Pull a Tommy Boy and drop M&Ms down the defroster duct for that nice melted chocolate smell. ;-) Seriously though, at the dealer we used to pull the blower resistor out of the evaporator case and spray a Ford A/C disodorizer product directly on the evaporator to help with the odor. In Texas, the relative humidity is really high and people seem to like to run around with the A/C set on A/C rather than Max A/C. Max is the setting for recirculated air and A/C is for outside air. With the outside humid air, the evaporator would actually build up mildew and give that nasty musty odor. Try to spray a little air freshener through the blower resistor hole and then when you are driving around, use Max A/C. The last time I had mine detailed the car wash place put some leather scented cards under the seats and it would mask any odor in the car. Smelled like a new car again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx. I always use the recirc. air setting. If I want outside air I usually put the windows down. :wink: i looked for some kind of a/c defunker at Advance but they didn't have one. There's no masking this smell, but it only lasts for about the first
30 sec. or so. Evil comes in many forms.:lol:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
mine will be fine

but I need a new clutch setup though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MustangMarkus said:
:lol: good point!
Markus,
Is that Focker in the box?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Markus,
I've now included you in my circle of trust.:wink:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Bullitthead Ag said:
...people seem to like to run around with the A/C set on A/C rather than Max A/C. Max is the setting for recirculated air and A/C is for outside air.

so if i have been using the regular AC rather than MAX AC, thinking that was simply to move more air, would that explain why my AC is now not blowing cold air? last year it worked fine, but this year so far, the air will not get cold AT ALL!! sorry to possibly hijack, but i need some advice, and since this was an AC thread to being with, thought ya'll might be able to help me...

thanks!
shaun

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SniperStang said:
so if i have been using the regular AC rather than MAX AC, thinking that was simply to move more air, would that explain why my AC is now not blowing cold air? last year it worked fine, but this year so far, the air will not get cold AT ALL!! sorry to possibly hijack, but i need some advice, and since this was an AC thread to being with, thought ya'll might be able to help me...

thanks!
shaun
Could be. But give it a shot of refrigerant just in case.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A/C musty order

Bullitthead Ag said:
at the dealer we used to pull the blower resistor out of the evaporator case and spray a Ford A/C disodorizer product directly on the evaporator to help with the odor.

Where is this Blower Resistor? I usually spray some Lysol type mold/mildew killer into the air intake on the cowl.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
update--sprayed half a can of refrig/oil into the low side pressure hose, the AC is blowing cold again... will wait about a week to see if the AC gets hot again, indicating a slow leak... we'll see!!

shaun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts