Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, hear's the deal- I've got a Steeda T/A and some other mods such as full new exhaust and C&L MAF, K&N, alum D/S. Would I want to get a chip to tie it all together or is that redundant since I have a Steeda T/A (currently set at 15 deg adv)? I guess the real question is do you gain any by adding one when you already have the other?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has my deodorant expired?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Peeee-U!! Just kidding,
The only other benefits a chip gives you over the timing adjuster is the electric cooling fans come on more often, and the rev limiter is up higher, to 6,400. If these aren't too important to you, then forget the chip.
The reason I got the chip was to kill 2 birds w/one stone (AutoLogic chip corrects the speedo for my 3.73 gears).
Dennis

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Dennis, I appreciate the answer!! Tell me, is a chip the only way to correct speedo in our Bullitts after a gear change?

·
Registered
147 Posts
upslayer,

No, you can get a SpeedCal from www.dallasmustang.com which just plugs in line with your speedo sensor on your tranny. Not too difficult to install. And it is user adjustable. I used it to correct for the 3.73's and the new tires.

Brad

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-14 08:10, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
no pic so I am not sure this is the same manufacture but you may look at this one also
http://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/brospeedcal.html
for the speedcal

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe they are one and the same.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I really like the speedcal. My speedo is dead on now. When I upsized the tires on my F350, twice I had the dealer calibrate the speedo to the new tire size and it is still off. At least with the Speedcal you have complete control of the calibration. If you change gears, tires, rims, etc., open it up and flip some switches.

Got off topic a little. I was thinking of getting the Steeda T/A instead of a chip for now. I like to idea of being able to set my own timing. If someone can tell me that the chip would be beneficial too in someway, maybe that will be next.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BC on 2001-12-14 10:24 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.