Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and 2 friends were rolling down elliot and see a pimped out Supra. Damn that car is fast. We slow down to about 22 or 23 i'm in second rev and go by the end of second he has me by 2.5 cars and i don't get n e closer. 95 Prelude dusted all around the place, from a stop from 20 from 50 around the twisties. Late model z28 modified not sure what year but and ls1. I get him from a stop until about 55 and then he is gone. from a 35 roll i just got tore up by like 3 cars by 70. S2000 wouldn't race until i hassled him enuff. From a stop i had him by like 3 cars until 100 then he gained one by 120 but not enuff. 99 turbo'd 911 Carrea. Now that is one nice car. From a stop i had him until about 30 and then i needed a telescope to see him. Everyone was cool when i talked to them except the 911 i couldn't catch him to talk to him. A couple kills a couple deaths. My mods are 4.10's, steeda timing adjuster, steeda pullies, mac cold air kit, and a pro 5.0 shifter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
nice, good kills, and well there is always somebody faster. just be safe out there

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If I understood your post correctly. You got beat by a Supra, Prelude, Z28, LS1 (or was that a Z28 with a LS1 inside?) and a 911 carrera, with 4.10 gears? The modified Z28 I understand. I never new Toyota’s and Honda’s were that fast. I’ll admit, I don’t keep up with all the makers and models, but to know a Toyota can beat a V8 Mustang with 4.10 gears? Inconceivable!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-02 19:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
111 Posts
the way i caught it. he lost to the ls1 power z, the supra, the carrera and beat the prelude. The supra has balls stock and can be modded to 400rwhp very easily. I think we would almost all have one if the initial price was a bit cheaper. Rock solid block, comfortable interior, toyota quality,extrodianrily easily modded but too high resale value. The preludes are crap, just more 4 cyl garbage(this was not meant to be a flame if you drive this car as your daily driver, just making fun of people who race with it

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Man, I just read that a stock Supra has 320HP. Just damn. I know I would have laughed at any Toyota, challenging me in my Bullitt before I read this. Is there a list on the web somewhere, of all cars made since the 60’s listed by stock HP?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with 99svt32v on the wins and losses. However, I think the Honda S2000 was missed as a win - Which is impressive because I heard that they can hold their own really good and should\could beat the Bullitt.

·
Registered
582 Posts
ok honestly i don't know what you guys are talking about. I beat a Supra and i killed a Prelude. I don't believe anyone could loose to a prelude no matter how bad they drive if they are in the Bullitt. My bullitt is stock. I killed the Supra by many car lenghts and i actually know the owner and whenever i see him he doesn't have the balls to race because he lost once by mad lengths. Anyway his car is automatic... but its still twin turbo 320 horsepower. And if it was stick then ok i would have still beat him probably by a half car length or even one car length cause with the automatic i killed it at least 3 car lenghts.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I can see losing to a supra, but a Prelude??? Dang.

·
Registered
111 Posts
antabi, not to doubt u but that must have been a sick supra. They run low to mid 13s stock man. While the fact that his is an slushbox may make him slower, he doesn't really have to worry bout driving. A stock bullitt will not smoke a stock supra. And how high did u race, cause supras are top end monsters, stay away from them on the highway. Can we get some more details on this one? And he beat the prelude. He didn't lose to the prelude.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 99svt32v on 2002-01-05 16:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
825 Posts
twin turbo supra 320 hp/315 torque. 1/4 mile 13.5

stock bullitts here are running mid to high 13's. if he beat you that bad it was not stock. make sure when you race in your bullitt to keep the rpm above 4500.

·
Registered
111 Posts
im not questioning that either times have occured(although i think u will be hard pressed to find that many mid 13 sec bullits, on stock tires) and supras usually run a bit faster stock like, a 13.33. So antabi saying he smoked one by 3 carlengths is a bit ridiculous

·
Registered
582 Posts
Honestly i could care less what you guys think. I remember beating the Supra. And if you don't beleive me i think i posted a tale about it a long time ago. Like in September sometime. I don't know what i called the tale but it was probably one of my first posts on this site.
I know the guy who drives the supra. I probably beat him because it was automatic. He also said i took him because he has 19 inch rims and his car is really lowered and etc. and it hit a bot hole or something... But if that was really the case then explain to me why when i saw him about a week later he opened his window and said i raced one of those and they are really quick and i was like idiot it was me. And he woulnd't race me again.
I beat him fair and square...I don't recall how fast i went because this happeend way back in September. But i think after i took off he just gave up. Whether that happeend to his tire/rim or whatever... there are no excuses in racing. Anything is possible. There are other cars too that are hard to believe i have beaten like a Mustang Cobra and RX-7's and i have taken a new M3 once... but that's probably because the guy had his girlfriend in the car with him but so did i.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i know you beat the supra thats not hard to believe at all. stock supra's are not running 13.3, i would say most are running 13.9 to 14.2

·
Registered
88 Posts
Everyone needs to get the facts straight about these ricer's. For one, there is no way in blue hell a supra runs low 13's. And the S2000 is not gonna run the Bullitt down unless it is because someone can't drive.Come on, lets have more faith in our cars bone stock or not!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
r u guys making a distinction between turbo and non turbo supra's? big difference. also, 99 prelude w/ 190 hp vtec engine kicks ass! I had this car for a while and was dead even when racing 5.0's.

·
Registered
111 Posts
antabi fine whatever.(i happen to think it was a non tt version, as tt supras from a roll are wicked) on the street anything can happen. Whoever said that supras aren't running mid to low 13 stock. a 6 speed TT supra will run mid to low 13s with a decent driver. I have seen it done many a time. its got 320bhp and a close ratio gearbox to keep it in the boost. They are fast freakin cars. as for the prelude, i just don't know. and antabi, u ever think the guy in the m3 just couldn't drive or wasn't racing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 99svt32v on 2002-01-07 14:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
111 Posts
right on brotha. i got smoked so badly by a viper two days ago i thought i threw it in reverse. And a bpu++ supra spanked me pretty bad too. There are some seriously fast rides out there. In any case, be safe and have fun

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok ok let me clear some things up here! I beat the prelude it was not fast at all. I beat the s2000 no contest. The supra smoked me. It was the twin turboed version and was very modded. It said 12.1 on the side windows in white shoe polish like it was bracket racing. I believe supra's are very fast stock or modded! It was not a new s2000 it was either a the first or second year it was made. N E more ?? keep askin...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry about that typing error. It was a modded camaro with a ls1 engine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts