Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I bought the 97 convertible to be a daily driver, so I shouldn't have really cared what it looked like. I've always felt the V-6 Mustangs were a bit, well feminine. They just look like girls cars, especially the convertibles. I had done some research on dual exhaust as there's something about two pipes sticking out the back that's just macho! :grin: I was ready to get the Pypes system, which is essentially a splitter from the factory pipe, right behind the cats. Brenspeed had the system for 299.00 shipped, but I decided to check one our chain of local muffler shops. They cut the pipe before it goes back into a single and ran new (stock) mufflers and Bullitt-like tips. I can't stand the way loud V-6's sound, so I like the little bit of rumble it has at idle, but is still pretty quiet when you get on it. I paid 250.00 and it took about 2 hours. I also painted that little section between the pipes black, as well. The wing came off a few weeks back. I just have plugs in there as when I sell the car, I'll probably put it back on. I don't like wings.

The head lights were shot too, so I found some smoked ones on Ebay for about 90 bucks shipped. I'll tell you what, I could have changed out about 10 99-04 head lights in the time it took me to change these. What was Ford thinking! :lol: Anyway, I got home from the muffler shop to find the radiator spewing antifreeze out of the left tank, so another 200.00 later that was taken care of today. Can you say...moneypit?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Feminine ... ???

The V-6(s) are a little feminine Dave ... (just like that "OBAMA" sticker on the back bumper) ... :badgrin:

(Car looks great Dave ... I'm envious of your daily driver) ... :wink:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TXBLUOVAL said:
(just like that "OBAMA" sticker on the back bumper) ... :badgrin:
It covers a scratch on the bumper :wink:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I've always felt the V-6 Mustangs were a bit, well feminine. They just look like girls cars
and you would be right
should have bought a GT :D (it's the only fix!) lol

nice lookin sixer though :)

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ezekial said:
and you would be right
should have bought a GT :D (it's the only fix!) lol

nice lookin sixer though :)
Trust me, if it had been a GT for 2 grand, I'd have been on it faster than I was. Besides, I have the B and I needed something that got good mileage. This gets 28 on the highway.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Looks great! Nothing wrong with a V-6 Mustang,for a daily driver! My son added a dual setup,back in 2002,to his V-6 2001 Mustang. We went with the MaganFlow mufflers and GT style exhaust pipes.
It had a good sound to it. He still drives the wheels off of it!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mus408 said:
Looks great! Nothing wrong with a V-6 Mustang,for a daily driver! My son added a dual setup,back in 2002,to his V-6 2001 Mustang. We went with the MaganFlow mufflers and GT style exhaust pipes.
It had a good sound to it. He still drives the wheels off of it!
Did he put the GT bumper on or come out under the V-6 bumper? I wasn't sure how the Magnaflows would sound on a V-6, so I opted for stock. The guy wanted to sell me glass packs and I said nooooo waaaay! :lol: A friend of mine had a 66 with the inline 6 with a header and Magnaflows. At idle it sounded killer, but the minute he gave it gas, you could tell it was a 6. :sad:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
David...looks good for a 6 banger.....?....how do you un-wind outta that thing :lol: ....it cud use some fogs.....

btw....nice new sig.......

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dg517 said:
....it cud use some fogs.....

btw....nice new sig.......
Fogs may be later, I'm going to hit the Cougar hot and heavy soon to get it on the road. Depending on when it's finished, it needs to go bye-bye. I want my garage just for the B!

Thanks about the sig. I get tired of the same one after awhile. I haven't shot any new pictures lately, so even this ones several months old.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
BigBullitt said:
Trust me, if it had been a GT for 2 grand, I'd have been on it faster than I was. Besides, I have the B and I needed something that got good mileage. This gets 28 on the highway.
2 grand, not bad at all

WTF? 28mpg?
tailwind and downhill at 55mph?
lol

My mom's 96 V6, vert, auto never got over ~22mpg. 98% of the time it was 20-21mpg everysingle fill up. If I drove the **** out of it, 20mpg, if I did a lot of highway, 20mpg, if I cruised around "nicely" 20mpg.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ezekial said:
2 grand, not bad at all

WTF? 28mpg?
tailwind and downhill at 55mph?
lol

My mom's 96 V6, vert, auto never got over ~22mpg. 98% of the time it was 20-21mpg everysingle fill up. If I drove the **** out of it, 20mpg, if I did a lot of highway, 20mpg, if I cruised around "nicely" 20mpg.
I drove up to see my Dad a few months ago. Top down, a/c off. I filled it when I left and filled it again when I got up there (about 189 miles.) The roads are pretty hilly, so it wasn't like taking an interstate. 28 mpg is what it worked out to. I haven't checked it lately, but it should be better with some of the work I've done to it. Do you have those special shoes that come with lead in the right sole? :lol:

Mine's a standard, so I don't know if it would make that much difference. The car was valued at $3450 (back in May) so that's what I had to pay taxes on. :sad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts