Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at a stop light today and saw a bright red Viper RT pull up next to me. The driver look over at me and then at the light. I looked down the street and it was a nice flat long emtpy road ahead...but I knew better so when the light turned green I just took off normal. Of course I let the car rev up a little then shifted to say not today. But the Viper stayed right beside as if he was saying "I don't feel your power." We both turned at the next light and when I did I got on it with every thing the Bullitt had, my shift to third couldn't have been better. However the little red car mentioned above, just screamed past me like I wasn't moving and put about 100 yards on me as I climbed up to about 85 mph. WOW! I need a blower!
I just had to laugh all the way home.

·
Registered
509 Posts
A friend of mine has a red Viper GT and even though they take a lot of sarcastic heat, the are definately to be respected. I guess if you spent the $$ the Viper owners did you would want some performance too. A Vortec with aftercooler would put you at 415hp and in the Viper "cruise circle"; if you got $5400 to blow!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I personally think the Viper is one of the coolest cars on the road! You have to respect the fact that the car even made it to production. Just looking at it you can tell it means business. It's a modern day 427 Cobra.
In a strange way the car shares a lineage with our cars. Carroll Shelby was involved in the development of the Viper and Carroll Shelby is a name that will be linked with the Mustang for all history.

Eric

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Crimecrusher,If you want to go after the big dogs,let me build you a 351 Windsor for it!! The little 280 inch Bullitt does have it's limits,even with a blower. I'll just be satisfied,when cruising in the Bullitt,that I have a "Hammer" sitting in the garage. Both cars do their thing well,just at different ends of the scale.

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
There will be someone that is always faster!!!!!!! It's fun finding out who!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I remember a similar situation when I had my Lightning....it wasn't pretty.....The blower and the mods that I put on the truck worked very well for me at that moment.

Glad you had some fun though. They are very nice cars.....and they cost much more then ours, rightfully so.

Paul G.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts