Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know a year ago last week I was hit by a Drunk driver while on a traffic stop and standing in front of my vehicle while on the interstate. Today I settled the civil case and just got a check for $29,600 after all medical and attorney fees were paid.

Good Day cause she just paid for my BULLITT!!!!!!

Below is whats left of my old squad.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Wow Crimecrusher! Do you have any permanent damage done to your body after all this? Did the drunk lady do any time?

Hubby is still waiting for his settlement from our motorcycle accident a year ago next month. He expects $20,000 so our Bullitt will be partially paid for! :grin: I wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Your Lucky to be with us, No premitt Damage is there? Like missing a leg or a Kidney?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Crimecrusher,
Glad you are still with us in one SOLID piece. Your settlement after medical seems too little for that kind of crash. What concerns me is that sometimes futher injury does not show up for 6 months to a year. I learned this from personal experience as it was too late to file any additional damage. May good fortune speed your way my friend.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats Crusher on the settlement,now drive that Bullitt with care and watch out for the 'ding-batters' out there.Just lost one friend this week don't want to lose another.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I have a little perminate damage to the nerve in my leg but I'm back to work. The settlement was 70k, after the city took back 1/2 of my medical and lost wages and the attorney's got thier share...thats what was left.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i agree crusher!!
i've always enjoyed your posts and comments going back to our BON days!!
i'm glad you got to stick around and become a bullitthead. hope the rest of your law enforcement career is MUCH less eventful!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-07-23 17:26 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Damn man! You were VERY lucky to survive that! We had a stae trooper over near Cambridge,OH (OH/WV border) who got killed last year in the same type of accident. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with my shoulders/arms from a fender bender last December and I'm going nuts. I couldn't imagine going through that! BTW, are you guys down to .08 yet? I just got back from Illinois and that is the first place I've seen it. Ohio isn't there yet but it will happen because with the roads around here they can't afford to lose that federal money!
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
CAM, missouri just encted the .08 legislation!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tx DWI law is: anyone driving and has lost the physical and mental ability to operate a vehicle OR has a BAC of .08. The key being OR. I have won several cases with a BAC of .06-.079. And on the holidays our county has double the fine and double the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I have a camera with audio. I have become somewhat of an expert since the accident on DWI cases. I've learned how to work the camera and it doesn't lie.
BTW, when I was tested for intoxilyzer school, I was plowed at .065 and would have never considered driving. However, about an hour later my BAC rose to .085 and when it started coming down to a .07, I felt fine. That is what gets most drivers, the alcohol affects their judgement and you don't even realize it. They feel fine but they are just a drunk as before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts