Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the headers,I was in the 12.6 range for A/F...WOT in 3rd gear to 5300 RPM.
Now it has leaned out a bit to the 12.8 to 12.9 range.
For the tuner experts out there,is this still considered a safe power point for the 4.6 engine. I know it can get a bit leaner at WOT in 4th gear...more engine load. I can make some adjustments in my program for fuel.
The Bullitt does feel strong!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
This might be a little better. I set it to 5300rpm (graphed red line is after tune.) If you need A/F numbers at any other rpm, let me know and I'll look them up.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kaylan1521 said:
I don't know too much on the NA side but I do know 12.6-12.8 on a boosted motor is lean
Yes,blower motors need to run richer,like 11.5,just to be safe. For N/A setups 12 thru 13.0 is great depending on engine setup.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
01GTB said:
This might be a little better. I set it to 5300rpm (graphed red line is after tune.) If you need A/F numbers at any other rpm, let me know and I'll look them up.
I went back thru some old dyno runs,and street runs,with LM-1. I found my old PHP chip was in the 13.00-13.20 range at WOT in 3rd or 4th gear.
I might just plug in the SCT and bump the fuel 1% more. I'll shoot for 12.7 range.
Thanks for your dyno info.!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
12.8 Is a safe level for N/A. My A/F is set at 13.1 on the high side of the rpm range in 4th. With a built motor you could even lean it out to about 13.3 to 13.5 for more power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts