Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

This is just a small public service announcement: The following "rice-rockets" should be avoided at all costs, despite your Bullit pride. (Or more likely to save your Bullit's pride!) :grin:

Make & model: Lexus IS300
Color: Blue
Identified by: Large rice stickers on the side, 19" rice wheels, and XS Engineering intercooler sitting in the front bumper.
Reason to avoid: 13 pounds of boost = 415 hp at the wheels!

Make & model: Lexus IS300
Color: Black
Indentified by: Very stealth. Only markings are 19" chrome wheels, and booming 12 JL audio subwoofers!
Reason to avoid: 30 psi of boost = 606 WHP!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yeah.. I read about those in Sport Compact.. nice cars. Forced induction is a good thing.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-02 13:05, FordBullitt wrote:
Forced induction is a good thing..
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Until it blows the engine apart.
I've sworn off turbos for a while. I'll make my torque the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
937 Posts
How in the heck can these cars withstand that kind of PSI and be street driven. We are cautious about anything over 8-10 PSI on a stock 4.6 and some rice burners are pumped up to dangerous PSI levels. Are they likely to break as we are...?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Turbo cars run a lower compression ratio.
Adding a turbo/sc to a NA car, you cannot run more than a few lbs of boost or risk blowing the head gasket into next week.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of these cars are daily drivers. The first one runs 13 psi which isn't really that much. Most hi-perf turbo cars run at least that much (WRX, Lancer etc...)

The second one (get this!) is the guys beater!!! He also owns a Diablo, 991 twin turbo, Modena, F40, and a Bentley T! (The [email protected]!) LOL

·
Registered
959 Posts
Compression ratio and good intercooling make the difference. I could run 19 psi on pump gas on a hot Houston day with my Talon. It also had 7.8:1 compression ration and a VERY large intercooler along with an efficient big turbo.

Brian

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hard to compete with BIG MONEY! Now if I were a millionaire,I'm sure I could build some AMERICAN IRON to dust those you speak of. For now I have to rely on the 85 LX for dusting duty at the traffic lights or track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts