Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-14 01:25, MCQUEEN wrote:
Ok
1 Im geting 23 MPG with 4,000 hard mi on the car
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Sweet, I have never seen that kind of milage on any of my Mustangs.
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
2 anyone jack the car up by the subframe on the underside of the car
I had a pretty good look at them today and I would not recommend it. I wouldn't even lift my other cars that had welded on and reasonbly stout sub frame connectors. You could try it and it would at least be very easy to replace them if they bent.
3 Im gona get a off rd pipe for the car
You'll like it. I just put the original h-pipe on my Saleen today and kinda likethe sounds vs. the x-pipe that was on it.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-10-14 01:44, MCQUEEN wrote:
Whats so funny I have had 9 stangs over the years & this is the first one I ever checked the MPG on

Maybe it's the 5w20?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hey MCQUEEN,I got 25.5 MPG on the trip down to Greensboro. That was going anywhere from 70-80 on I-85. Maybe the chip helped the milage a bit.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hey McQueen,

Look for a post from Bullitt 220 he turned me on to a guy that etches glass and can etch the pony on you fuel door. I had it done and it made all the difference in the world on how that side of the car looks. If I can find the post I will let you know.

Scott

·
Registered
83 Posts
As for your question #2, I jacked my car up by the sub-frame this weekend. According to the owners manual that is essentially where you would put the factory jack to change your tire. I used a floor jack on the front sub-frame with no problems. I would NOT suggest jacking the car using the sub-frame connector that was added for the Bullitt. You can also jack under the front or rear suspension points. DO NOT use a floor jack to jack the entire end of the vehicle using the axle differential housing!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I too have been impressed so far with my gas mileage. First tank got 20.23mpg, and second got 24.41, and this is just daily driving. That's amazing considering the performance of this car! Can't wait to see what I would get on a road trip. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow. I got 12.4 mpg! I wasn't even really getting on it all the time. The car has 500 miles on it. I hope it loosens up and my foot lightens up, otherwise this is going to be an expensive car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea,why not use a jack under the differential??? The owners manual doesnt recommend it,because of the safety issue (car could rock sideways and fall off)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts