Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few clips which do a pretty good job of portraying the SLP Loudmouth accurately. I think it is still a bit louder in person but the tone is spot on. The first clip is a slow takeoff from behind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3zSMIGi2U

The next clip is a slightly harder takeoff from behind.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fVHY8D_34

The next clip is driving towards the camera & downshifting-gives a good representation of the slp system coming towards you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtJDZWWnnFE

The last clip is probably the only burnout I'll ever do other than at Epping. I didn't brake stand so it quickly hit the rev limiter, which I also hit in second gear....sigh. I mostly wanted to get a hard takeoff flimed at close range....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCM0YImDuM

Hope you like, I liked making them....:wink:

·
Registered
816 Posts
It sounds Very Mean!! I like it!!!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
That was GREAT John!

I was listening for the "pops" and "crackles" on the downshift video and didn't really hear any. I kinda like when mine does it, but you might have been going to slow when you downshifted into 2nd.

And you car looks awesome, you scored one of the better Bullitts around I think, congrats again. I am happy to see you as one of the more active members, owning an important Bullitt like #0005.

And your "purported" lack of driving skills cracks me up every time you make mention of it.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Hmmm, sounds familiar John. If we ever get around to getting our cars together we should make quite the scene :D

Will you be making it to Fun Ford Weekend at NED?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bullitt_5135 said:
That was GREAT John!

I was listening for the "pops" and "crackles" on the downshift video and didn't really hear any. I kinda like when mine does it, but you might have been going to slow when you downshifted into 2nd.

And you car looks awesome, you scored one of the better Bullitts around I think, congrats again. I am happy to see you as one of the more active members, owning an important Bullitt like #0005.

And your "purported" lack of driving skills cracks me up every time you make mention of it.
Thanks Kevin...I do get some pops when downshifting but it usually happens when I am mildly downshifting, like maybe at 2500-3000 rpm when shifting down. I actually like the pops, they are not harsh and just add to the snarl of the exhaust. As for my driving skills-the advantage of video is that I only showed you what I wanted you to see. The clip that didn't make it was of me forgeting to turn off the traction control....It was fun filming this as the mechanics still at work along our road came out to watch the runs and got a charge out of it all. They are used to this kind of stuff from me as for the past 10 years I have blistered this road with one car or another....John R

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheCat033 said:
Hmmm, sounds familiar John. If we ever get around to getting our cars together we should make quite the scene :D

Will you be making it to Fun Ford Weekend at NED?

I wont be able to make FFW. I had hoped to go for the show, but just cant do it. I will be going back to N.E. Dragway though this fall. I'll let you know before I do. It will be a Wed. again as that seems to be less crowded than Fridays. If you ever come up to Hampton or anywhere close let me know......John R

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
I wont be able to make FFW. I had hoped to go for the show, but just cant do it. I will be going back to N.E. Dragway though this fall. I'll let you know before I do. It will be a Wed. again as that seems to be less crowded than Fridays. If you ever come up to Hampton or anywhere close let me know......John R
I know i'll be there, not sure if i'm racing yet, but definately for atleast the show.

My car most likely wont see Maine again till its time for a new sticker next spring, however I am up there most weekends and should be up for a week sometime this month.

I usually make it up to NED atleast once a month with my local mustang club. Although wednesdays are a bit less crowded, the track is always prepped way better on fridays, and if you get there early enough its worth it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Sounds great.

Im still curious as to the difference in sound between you and another bullitt with the same set up. hmmmm, I can't remember who it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts