Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gas station filling up and had a nice discussion with a 'Stang fan. We talked about the Bullitt, how he wants a Mustang again after giving his up three years ago, and so forth.

As I was pulling out of the station, an un-marked police car pulled in and stopped next to me. He asked if I had covers on my headlights. Huh?!

He got out, looked at them real close, but I guess he took my word for it when I told him that's how it came from the factory. I didn't think our lenses were all that dark, but we do have a lot of "ricers" who do that sort of thing around here. Maybe he was just being extra cautious? Or maybe, because of the direction he was coming from, he saw my gas cap and calipers and thought I must be "another one of them damn ricer boys."

Has anybody else been asked about their headlights?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2001-12-12 13:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
43 Posts
No they do look tinted compared to the g.t. they look alot better , meaner than the standard clear ones. They look especially good on the black BULLITTS.....RICK

·
Registered
724 Posts
Leave it to VA. pigs! I used to live in northern VA and have been harassed like that before about some tint on my old - ehhem- ah Camaro.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had a similar positive experience with the local PD this last weekend. about 40 or so Mustangs had gathered at this guys house before going on a cruise through the foothills. While we were all parked in his court right off of a main road and we saw a motorcycle cop go by a couple of times. He was puilling people over for speeding on the main road and when he would pass he would give all of the cars an extended viewing. not to long after anywhere from 8-12 officers pull up in cars and on bikes and block the court so nobody can leave. First thing they do is pull out their ticket books and start walking up to the different cars and asking "whose car is this?" Several people got written up for parking illegally, no front plates, being to low, and so on. IT was really lame and left everyone with a bad impression of the Fremont PD. I was lucky the guy that first talked to me and threatend to give me a ticket for partially obstructing the poedestrian access and no front plate recognized I was little older than most of the guys.(I'm 32 by the way, most of these guys are in their early to mid twenties) His comment was something to the effect that I looked to old tbe hanging with these type of guys. He decided not to write me up and actually stopped one of the other officers from giving me a ticket for no front plate. It really detracted from what would have been a great day!

Why would a police officer in an unmarked car be interested in whether or not your headlights are tinted? Aren't unmarked cars typically detectives and not code enforcement? I wish the police would invest more time in preventing real crime instead of hassling people over stupid stuff!

Sorry for the rant,

Eric

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm really lucky where I live because the police here care more about real police work than hassling the general public.

Once in a great while, you'll get pulled over because of some equipment(??) violation, but 99% of the time I think it's because they don't know who you are and just want to check you out. I got stopped in my '79 Bronco on the Arizona strip because he thought I should have mud flaps due to my having huge tires and a 6" lift kit. That conversation lasted about 30 seconds and we started talking about his Toyota 4X4. It didn't take long to figure out he just wanted to check out my cool ride. :smile:

You have to remember, most of the time it's not the cop, but his department's policy on what the hot enforcement issues are.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Eric, if that had happened at my place to all my friends and their cars you can bet the local sheriff would have heard loud and clear about how displeased I am. As an elected official you can bet he'd feel the pressure. Of course, my place is outside the city limits and that could be a big factor.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Now that cop story is just lame. They gotta have better stuff to do that that. They're just jealous. :grin:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Stories like these make you wonder. I had a similar situation in the metro parks a bunch of us Toyota 4X4 owners were stopped coming off the grass nobody got a ticket but they missed the idiot tear up the baseball diamond in his car. He wasn't part of our group. My neighbor had an interesting run in with the locals. Their both retired and every year they have a garage sale or two for themselves and friends. Well the fire department stops by to shop (in the ambulance by the way) the city workers stop by and even a police officer stops by. All day long people come and go then in the afternoon another cop car stops and shuts them down they didn't have a permit. Talk about having your leg humped by the cops. The only thing we can think is that somebody complained to the city. I think the same thing happened to you next time ask why their there and if someone complained ask who?

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-13 10:22, BULLITT00208 wrote:
IT was really lame and left everyone with a bad impression of the Fremont PD.
Eric
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Eric...do you mind if I ask Where you were in Fremont?
I live there, and can't believe I missed a parade of 40 Mustangs driving through my city!
Fremont PD are REALLY bad. There are almost as many officers in that little city as San Jose has in there's (look at the difference geographically, and population)...most with NOTHING TO DO. Obviously, if 8-12 officers showed up, they had nothing better to do.
BUT....being old DOES help, because the ONLY time I've been pulled over in Fremont was in the Mach---at night, and all of my electrical is messed up and my tail lights/brake lights, pretty much ALL my lights were not working.
He looked at me, the kids in the back, the nicely restored car, and let me go home. (He did say he liked my car first!)
I'd stay away from Fremont, if I didn't live there!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Was that a state cop or a local in Va. I know there nasty at the beach. BLK.4902 BIG DOG at the beach always looking for flashing blue because he's always looking for us.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
You know the day after 911. We forgot some things officers of the law did wrong.... And made them and Firefighters all heros... It won't take long to screw up that if some law enforcement agenies begin hasling some groups of socity again (They'll give the great departments a black eye).... Maybe they thought you all looked Middle Eastener?????
I think it would be inter resting if some of the Bullittheads that are in Law enforcement voiced their thoughts about these 2 stories and what would their departments do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-14 13:01, 6treva9 wrote:
On 2001-12-13 10:22, BULLITT00208 wrote:
IT was really lame and left everyone with a bad impression of the Fremont PD.
Eric
Eric...do you mind if I ask Where you were in Fremont?
I live there, and can't believe I missed a parade of 40 Mustangs driving through my city!
Fremont PD are REALLY bad. There are almost as many officers in that little city as San Jose has in there's (look at the difference geographically, and population)...most with NOTHING TO DO. Obviously, if 8-12 officers showed up, they had nothing better to do.
BUT....being old DOES help, because the ONLY time I've been pulled over in Fremont was in the Mach---at night, and all of my electrical is messed up and my tail lights/brake lights, pretty much ALL my lights were not working.
He looked at me, the kids in the back, the nicely restored car, and let me go home. (He did say he liked my car first!)
I'd stay away from Fremont, if I didn't live there!

6treva9,

I was right off of Washington blvd on Calle de something or rather. The group was a bunch of local Mustang owners from a website called 98cobra.com. I frequent there because it is local and they get together for cruises every couple of months. The typical age on that site is much younger than this one, so the posts tend to be immature, but I'm pretty easy going so I just ignore the childish stuff. It's fun to see all of the cars together. Some of these guys and girls have beautiful Saleen's, Roush's, and Cobra's.

I think we need to try to do another Bullitt get together to see if we can get a better turn out.

eric

1 - 16 of 16 Posts