Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5:40 pm. Galveston island becomes a living, breathing machine as the roads are crowded with people trying to escape their daily hell and return to a simple life of getting fat in front of the tube. This is the time I dread because too many ignorant Texans are attempting to drive.

Stage Point 1:

I'm cruising down 61st off the sea wall. I had just gotten out of Hastings from my unsuccessful attempt at getting an MM&FF. I'm driving and stop behind this truck. I see a Lightning near me but pay no heed to it. I rev a bit to be funny and let the people know in front of me that I'm behind them just incase the inconcievable happens and they throw their reverse lights on! Anyhow, this Lightning hears me and then waits for me to pull up next to it after the light turns green and floors it. WTF!? I chase him until we get to the next light.

Staging Point 2:
We're lined up, the Lightning and I. We're both blasting our music, myself listening to something by "Disturbed" whilest he jammed to some kinda gay sh*t. I rev, he revs, its all good.

GO!:

We both go at the same time but I get the lead on him. Boy he was mad when he couldn't get passed me until the beginning of 3rd.

I let him slide and quit my pursuit. I'm sure he'll not soon forget the day he messed with a Bullitt.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Cool story..Dont waste your money on the mm&ff, I looked the the whole mag in about 5 mins. yesterday..I have been a subscriber for about 10 yrs and the last year they have really dissappoited me..:???:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
what year was the truck? must have been an older model. the 01 is a screamer. i own dhg 890 and my dad has and 01 svt lightning. on the rare chance i have to drive it, i realize there is no way i could even come close to touching him in it.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The '01 Lightning handles pretty good too!

This guy with no auto-cross experience ran his very well in Bozeman, Mt. this past Labor Day. Only 2 seconds slower than the quickest guy in a Mustang. :smile:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm almost sure its an 01 since the rims are a bit different from the 00 and below. It did scream but now when he sees me on the road, he'll just haul ass by me. :sad: No more staging up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts