Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here lately I've been getting a few signs that my car is overheating, I think the temperature gauge in the instrument cluster is faulty. I plan on checking my engine temperature with a laser temperature reader.

So my question is simply this, what is the normal operating temperature for our cars? I believe it's around 200 but I wanted to make sure...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rblack4405 said:
what kind of signs?
Well, after driving for a while the engine will surge when idliling. Also my cooling fan kicks on when it's 20 degrees out, and when I shut the engine off I hear boiling and hissing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The cooling fans should run if you have the A/C on or defrost on when idling. The factory cycling is 210 on and 218 off. The thermostat doesnt ever open and remain open, it will cycle from open to near closed at all times while the engine is running, if operating properly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BullittGT433 said:
The cooling fans should run if you have the A/C on or defrost on when idling. The factory cycling is 210 on and 218 off. The thermostat doesnt ever open and remain open, it will cycle from open to near closed at all times while the engine is running, if operating properly. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know, I'll laser it in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts