Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was forwarded by a Yankee that lives in Texas now.

I've lived in rural Texas for about 12 years now and I thought I would share a few of the thing I have learned. I was born a Yankee, but as they say here, I came to Texas as fast as I could...

All the following points are true and I have learned them personally...

Armadillos sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air

Roadrunners don't say "Beep Beep"

There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in Texas.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. 10,001 live in Texas.

Armadillos love to dig holes under all bedding plants.

Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they are ripe.

If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.

Nothing will kill a mesquite tree.

There are valid reasons some people put constatine wire around their house.

You cannot find a country road without a curve from corner to corner.

A tractor is NOT an all-terrain vehicle. They do get stuck.

Texas has 6 seasons:
Spring, Feb 16 to April 15
Summer, April 16 to July 15 (temp 90 to 98 degrees)
Super Summer, July 16 to Sept 10 (temp 100 to 115 degrees)
Summer, Sept. 11 to Oct 1 (temp 90 to 98 degrees)
Fall, Oct 2 to Dec. 1
Winter Dec. 2 to Feb 15

The wind blows at 90 MPH from Oct. 2 until July 15, then it stops totally.

Onced and Twiced are words

It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.

Fire ants consider your flesh as a picnic.

Coldbeer is one word.

People actually grow and eat Okra.

Texans really don't have an accent.

When the world ends, only riceroaches and mesquite trees will survive.

Green grass DOES burn.

When you live in the country, you don't have to buy a dog. City people drop them off at your gate in the middle of the night, cats come and go as they please.

The sound of coyotes howling at night only sounds good for the first couple of weeks.

When a buzzard sits on the fence and stares at you, it's time to go to the doctor.

Fixinto is one word.

A tank is a dirt hole in the ground that holds water for irrigation and is drinkable to most.

Backards and Forards means I know everything about you.

You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

And the most important thing......There's no place I'd rather be than Texas!.

THE COWBOYS ARE AMERICAS TEAM, EVEN IF HALF NEED TO BE IN PRISON!

·
Registered
153 Posts
lol Nasty! That's pretty funny. The seasons are very true. Having a Bullitt in Texas in August with an aluminum shift nob is an interesting experience, to say the least.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I take exception ladies and gentlemen, I too am a re-located yankee (n.y.c.)in the great lone star state ..have been here since 1978... my exceptions are as follow's... there are a hell of a lot more then 10,000 snakes on record / listed or not ... spiders that have been extinct elsewhere for centuries thrive here and there are bugs that fly and take cattle away ,god knows what the hell they are..I personally drive like hell as fast as I can when I see em... when the swarm it looks like a squadron of
b-17's with an attitude... lets not even talk about scorpions, misquitos, horned toads,lizards, reptiles, snapping turtles
I think you see my point
u can drive for days and see all those cute armadillos resting in just that position.. sometimes entire families lay out...all within feet of each other... real quaint and cute don't ya think? and snakes sunning themselves on the great texas farmroads and interstates... we are a friendly , laid back lot aren't we?
the cowboys are americas team? not since jimmy and barry left.. unless u are a member of the coke and boob job club...they still haven't quite gotten it yet.... and the other 1/2 that aint been arrested just aint been caught...
but we have mark cuban and the mavericks in dallas .... do you yahoo????
in spite of all of this the 8 seasons hail tornados ice storms god i could go on.... GOD BLESS TEXAS I wouldnt leave for all the injuns in oklahoma ( local humor please no more hate e-mails ok?) :smile:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-21 15:36, texasbullitt wrote:
I take exception ladies and gentlemen, I too am a re-located yankee (n.y.c.)in the great lone star state ..have been here since 1978</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Your comments are even funnier than the topic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Man, it took a long time for me to find this post. Well being a NATIVE Texan, born and raised in Dallas and the surrounding areas, I think you hit it pretty much on the head. Now if you really want to see even more snakes, scorpions, spiders and other creatures I did'nt even know existed you need to live in the hill country south of Austin.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
fredricksburg or kerrville.... things extinct for centuries , thrive there ....
lukenback too,,,,,,,west texas...amarillo..
god bless TEXAS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: texasbullitt on 2001-11-25 21:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
199 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-21 15:36, texasbullitt wrote:
I wouldnt leave for all the injuns in oklahoma ( local humor please no more hate e-mails ok?) :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
:razz: :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt1164 on 2001-11-26 00:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
On 2001-11-21 14:17, 1NastyFordGT wrote:

And the most important thing......There's no place I'd rather be than Texas!.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

<h1>[email protected] RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</h1>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts