Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just kidding really, but when I get in Bulletta, that shifter knob is SO ice cold, I can't even hold it long enough to shift....can hardly wait until the Missouri summer rolls around...OUCH!!!

:grin:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
someone in dallas was talking about a source that could have almost a 'crochet' type design/material as a ball cover in various colors/design choices with elastic on the bottom to stretch over and fit tight easily removable etc... i will try to see what ever happened with that ( my son wanted an 8 ball)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Mine was still cold even through my driving gloves! :smile: I solved that yesterday when I installed my new MGW shift knob with build number. It not only looks awesome, but is much more comfortable. It is billet aluminum, but has a black band of rubbery/plastic material around it that you can grab without touching the bare metal. Tried it out for the first time this morning, and I didn't even put on my gloves! Great product. :grin:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have a small visible "scar" on my palm from when the shifter got too hot, and I held on to it too long. :sad:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Dona, i switched to MGW's Bullitt knob for the winter and when spring get's here...i'll probably put the stock knob back on!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input.

Actually, I don't want to change shifters, I thought about it but I love the one that came on True Blue too much to switch. And, as far as gloves go....I'm NOT a glove wearing kinda gal.....I never have worn gloves in my life! I can't drive well with them and the main thing now is...my wedding ring sticks up too high and is way too big for any glove to fit, and well...I won't go without my wedding rings!! :smile:

I really like the idea of a little "crochet" sweater (texasbullitt) so IF you find any info, please post it or PM it to me, I'd be grateful!!

Thanks!
Dona

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, a P.S.

it's not a "little" temperature variation...here in MO, it gets downright FREEZING!!!! Same with summer time...hot, hot, hot!

Dona

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got a suggetion. Stop at your local Harley dealer. They sell fingerless leather riding gloves for summer use on bikes. Will work when the knob is hot and in the cold.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do they make "fingerless" that will go all the way past where you wear a ring? Seems there'd be no point in a glove at all if they did! HA! I've seen plenty of fingerless gloves, but my ring still gets caught in them as they aren't fingerless far enough back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts