Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not gonna get into details, but long story short, I need a new hood, front bumper, passenger fender, and possibly a few other tiny things - like repaint the door to match the new paint on the new pieces. I work at a dealership so the body shop which is right next to us is gonna cut me a deal. I wanna get the '03/'04 Cobra hood, but I don't know where to start looking. Should I buy one from a real Cobra, Cervini's, or OEM Ford? What about my bumper, should I get a replacement or go with the '03/'04 bumper? Also, for you guys that have had to replace parts or changed their hood, what did you do to match the paint? I know the code is PY/PX, but Ford doesn't provide the paint nor sell it, so did your body shop just mix and match the paint? Thanks, and wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Personal taste imho. If your doing a Cobra hood, do the Cobra front bumper. Skip the spoiler and do the rear bumper if yours is damaged. They more closely match the concept cars' parts. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear bumper is fine, it's just the front bumper. I'm just happy my air bags didn't deploy because Jack Roush just signed my dash lol. But like I was saying, should I get the Terminator hood from another Terminator, from Ford directly, or from Cervini's?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
P51 Bullitt has the Cobra hood, I think from Cervini (?). His black Bullitt is in the his signature, and it shows the hood and bumper pretty well. Stripnzinc has a TB with the louvered hood, it maybe factory. IDK for sure. Different hoods, and different appeals to your eye. Depends on what you want your car to look like.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
They usually mix the paint themselves. I know when I had my mishap I knew the painter's and they said that DHG was a fairly unique paint in that it had about 4 coats of clear on it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
P51 Bullitt has the Cobra hood, I think from Cervini (?). His black Bullitt is in the his signature, and it shows the hood and bumper pretty well. Stripnzinc has a TB with the louvered hood, it maybe factory. IDK for sure. Different hoods, and different appeals to your eye. Depends on what you want your car to look like.
Not quite.....
Mine is the Cervini 2000 Cobra-R hood and matches up with the stock Bullitt bumper.

Here is a picture from the front to give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It wasn't my fault officer I swear! My lips are sealed :x.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Dang, that's quite a bit of damage. Is the inner fender damaged? Looks like it would be Anyways, if I were in your shoes, I would go with the 03/04 Cobra hood and a 99/01 Cobra bumper. Unfortunately, I can't provide any info on where the best place to get these parts would be.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had my friend look at it, he's a professional detailer, he's only gonna change me $200 to buff it out, and he'll wax the whole car for free!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aside from the bump, everything has been ordered and I'm just waiting for the body shop to finish the car, they should be done towards the end of next week if all goes well. I have a little question though, what am I going to do regarding the grille? The stock Bullitt grille is fine, but since I'm getting the '03 Cobra hood AND bumper, I heard it might not fit.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
Aside from the bump, everything has been ordered and I'm just waiting for the body shop to finish the car, they should be done towards the end of next week if all goes well. I have a little question though, what am I going to do regarding the grille? The stock Bullitt grille is fine, but since I'm getting the '03 Cobra hood AND bumper, I heard it might not fit.
Check Ebay you can find Mach 1 grille deletes made specifically for Cobras.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
*UPDATE*

My car should be ready hopefully by Friday, but the hood and bumper have arrived so I'll see if I can snag some unpainted pictures of it tomorrow :D.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.