Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Bullitt, drive it everyday, all year long. My local dealer has a 2008 GT500 for 7K under MSRP. I thought about trading in. My dealer said 15K for the trade.

I realize this isn't going to get collector car resale values, but 45% of the MSRP exactly one year after I bought the car is just enough to make me throw up.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Sell it yourself for 9k more......

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
sell it and get the snake.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I don't see how you get 24K in a private sale in this market. If you can get that much go for it but there's a reason that 500 is so cheap. Nothing is selling

I say, enjoy the Bullitt

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
did you pay sticker for the Bullitt and how many miles on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Hell just throw a whipple on that bullitt .You'll feel better right away.And save some dough too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The dealer is not selling the 500 for 7K under. Its 2K under with that offer. Your trade in is $20,600. He sells it for 26,600. Better you sell it for 26,600 or wait.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
speed4nicator said:
I love my Bullitt, drive it everyday, all year long. My local dealer has a 2008 GT500 for 7K under MSRP. I thought about trading in. My dealer said 15K for the trade.

I realize this isn't going to get collector car resale values, but 45% of the MSRP exactly one year after I bought the car is just enough to make me throw up.
Matt,

If you Really want the 500 go in and make the Best Deal you can and leave in the 500 if that is Really what You want .........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem unfortunately is that I commute in my Bullitt. 26K on the odometer in one year and I got X plan on the Bullitt so 3K under sticker??. Of course, I would commute in the 500 so it really isn't worth it I guess. I just love to drive my cars.

I think a supercharger on the Bullitt one the warranty is up is the way to go for me. The more I look at the 500 the less I like some of the styling cues. I think the rear end looks twice as big as the Bullitt and I hate the Stock SVT rims, they don't do it for me at all.

I just thought it was a smoking good deal on the 500 and I was shocked by the depreciation.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
speed4nicator said:
The problem unfortunately is that I commute in my Bullitt. 26K on the odometer in one year and I got X plan on the Bullitt so 3K under sticker??. Of course, I would commute in the 500 so it really isn't worth it I guess. I just love to drive my cars.

I think a supercharger on the Bullitt one the warranty is up is the way to go for me. The more I look at the 500 the less I like some of the styling cues. I think the rear end looks twice as big as the Bullitt and I hate the Stock SVT rims, they don't do it for me at all.

I just thought it was a smoking good deal on the 500 and I was shocked by the depreciation.
Matt,

You ask and here it is Big Guy .........

And if an "Authorized Dealer" installs it You have Warranty .........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did some supercharger research and found some claiming HP increases in 450 range. The "ford" supercharger bumps it up to 390 and keeps the warranty correct?

·
Registered
127 Posts
How much were they askin for that GT 500 at 7000 under sticker?
I had the same thought. i just looked at 2 GT 500's and 2 Roush 427 R's!

·
Registered
309 Posts
That's a real good deal on the 500 but consider the hit you will take on the Bullitt then add that back on top of the 39.8k and you are back at paying sticker for the 500.
I say add the supercharger but first deal with your wheel issue.
You can get some GT500 take off wheels for a little over $1000 shipped to your door with sensors even. That will help you feel better about your Bullitts looks.
I just added the 3" MagnaFlow Cat Back to my Bullitt and from the drivers seat it sounds more impressive than from outside the car.
In other words I would make the Bullitt what you want and save money overall.
Do your research and have a great time.
Whatever you decide good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm gonna stick with the Bullitt! I just figured that after changing everything, you'd have that much money in it anyway. Between S/C, brakes, suspension,etc.,etc, the money starts piling up.
I did get new wheels just a couple weeks ago. I bought Chris' old wheels. 20x8.5 up front and 20x10.5 in the back with nitto 555 tires.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Cophawk said:
I'm gonna stick with the Bullitt! I just figured that after changing everything, you'd have that much money in it anyway. Between S/C, brakes, suspension,etc.,etc, the money starts piling up.
I did get new wheels just a couple weeks ago. I bought Chris' old wheels. 20x8.5 up front and 20x10.5 in the back with nitto 555 tires.
You came back to your senses!:lol:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Welcome back into the fold...

·
Registered
825 Posts
It's A Keeper

I posted a thread in January about an article I came across in Musclecar Enthusiast magazine. In short, a bunch of professional car writers get invited each year to the Texas Motor Speedway to drive all the new models. Then they vote on which new car really "wowed" them the most. The vote that year was a tie between the Corvette Z06 and you guessed it ..... your car, the Mustang Bullitt!!
Sure the GT500 is a great car but you have an instant classic. They don't make Bullitt's anymore. Those guys liked the Bullitt because as you well know it is a fun car to drive. It's a drivers car. Balanced in performance and handling. It's special. It's a one of a kind.
Brenspeed is running a pretty sweet deal on the Vortech if you feel the need for speed. Heck, they'll even put you up for the night and finance the whole shabang! Enjoy your Bullitt .... you've got a keeper.

Here's a link to the original thread with the actual artcle in Musclecar Enthusiast
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166355

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry, I must have mispoke. I Hate the GT500 wheels, not the Bullitt's.

I LOVE my Bullitt wheels, best looking rims on a car I have ever owned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts