Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after much reading and debating about which tuner company to go with, I finally decided on bamachips for a few reasons, one of which being they will tune for any parts, whether bought through them or not, for free ( and i like to be different sometimes, everyone here is on the brenspeed wagon, which is fine of course :) ). anyhow, i pulled the trigger on the 22nd of May. Now on the website, I saw that it says 7-10 business days from order till its shipped and delivered. So i figured ok, holiday weekend, he wont work until Tuesday...
Kept checking the status..
05/22/2009 Processing/Payment cleared
05/22/2009 Processing/Payment cleared PayPal status: Completed @ 13:04:59 May 22, 2009
Amount: 409.00 USD
05/27/2009 Processing/Payment cleared +
05/28/2009 Processing

Its been more than a few days so I shoot doug an email with a question I had about the tuner, and I politely stated that im sure he is busy and all, but if I could get a possible ETA on my order. My first question was answered completely, second ignored.

I diddnt really mind, im sure he is busy, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, knowing the great service everyone talks about with him.

wait a few more days.. and see this
06/01/2009 Processing/Payment cleared

So i shoot another email, asking specifically about my order this time, as to what status it was in, because it only showed my payment as clearing 4 times, and nothing shipped yet after this time.

So he asks for my order number,very promptly i might add, but then tells me the tuners were backordered, and it will get sent out this Thursday ( meaning 6/5).
Today,friday, it finally shipped i guess:

06/05/2009 Shipping order will ship today
06/05/2009 Delivered A carrier shipping label has been generated for the shipment to ANDREW FRANK and is at THE UPS STORE #3551 awaiting carrier pickup.

the delivery estimate is next friday night :shock:

I am just venting.. am I over reacting by being upset its taking this long?
I think I should have at least received some kind of notification that it would be delayed because they were on backorder.. or maybe a little faster shipping to make up for it??

I dont know you guys tell me...

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Yeah, good to vent..I remember youthful impatience. But they should have told you upfront the tuners were backordered and estimated ship date. Hope you still plan to come by the Friends of Steve McQueen event in Chino Hills tomorrow. Good place to vent some more.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I know they had some kind of Memorial Day sale... maybe that hit them harder than expected. And 3 day weekends affect wide paths of the economy - especially with businesses running lean inventory due to the economy.

PS: what did you get - Diablo or ? and why? which tunes? has Doug done tunes specifically for the Bullitt?

·
Registered
334 Posts
That does suck that it took that long but from everything ive read hes a one man show... Not that thats an excuse, but maybe something that needs to be considered when buying from a source,

I know i wouldnt want too wait that long but im sure you'll be happy with the end product

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
10 business days was the 5th of June assuming a purchase date of 5/22

With the Memorial Day holiday in there, the ship date seems within the designated schedule.

I know it's frustrating to wait but you have to give it the time they state before you get jacked up.

Remember, if you b!tch from the beginning, getting future support may be difficult.

It's all good!

·
Registered
778 Posts
andrew.frank said:
oh man, you have no idea how much i wanted to be there tomorrow... a show in my home town...
i regretfully have to let you guys know ill be working all day...

and yes he has a bullitt specific tune, i chose the sct3 tuner with a bullitt 91 torque tune, 91 performance tune, and 91 race tune.
Ordered mine from Bamachips on May 28th, got my order update email on June 5th, delivery expected on the 10th. Depends on how you paid and what part of the country you live in I guess or he has been very busy. My order # was over 4,000, yours was 3500 something, thats over 500 orders in a week!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
When I used my Chase Card the EXACT same thing happened:

the:
05/22/2009 Processing/Payment cleared
05/22/2009 Processing/Payment cleared PayPal status: Completed @ 13:04:59 May 22, 2009
Amount: 409.00 USD
05/27/2009 Processing/Payment cleared +
05/28/2009 Processing
I had to call Chase actually; turns out it was on the banks side where the problem was.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Most places in Europe ship the same day for a lot of products if the item is in stock, but EU directives only require that you get your order within 28 days...
You might check what federal regs apply in your case...

After that you have legal recourse to complain/get a refund etc...

personally i wouldn't worry about a 2-week delay, as long as I knew it was actually being dealt with...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
10 business days was the 5th of June assuming a purchase date of 5/22

With the Memorial Day holiday in there, the ship date seems within the designated schedule.

I know it's frustrating to wait but you have to give it the time they state before you get jacked up.

Remember, if you b!tch from the beginning, getting future support may be difficult.

It's all good!
I ordered a Pelican 8060 Flashlight from tigerdirect.com on December 28th, 2008 and paid for the 3 day shipping. Boy, with New Years and Sunday's falling how they did; it ended up being like 9 days. (Since UPS didn't deliver on Saturdays or Sundays) Holidays sure do make shipping schedules difficult.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts