Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally installed my H&R Super Sport springs on Wednesday, boy does the car look great! My only regret is constantly scraping my exhaust over the four speed bumps I need to go over to get out and come back into my apartment complex lol. I take them at strong angles, and sometimes still manage to barely bump my cats :(. Pictures soon to come! :dhg01:

·
Registered
798 Posts
I love my H&Rs, but like you said you have to watch where you go.

I try to avoid speed bumps at all costs b/c of my longtubes, so far so good.

Nothing like a Bullitt sitting on the ground:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Matt that is a fantastic shot of 2425. Beautiful!!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
A Lowered Bullitt is a Good Bullitt?

I disagree....when you are old and overweight and out of shape like me....its not such a good thing. I'm thinking of turning the B into a low-rider...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
brucebotti said:
I disagree....when you are old and overweight and out of shape like me....its not such a good thing. I'm thinking of turning the B into a low-rider...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Way to go bruce, I like it.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
damn dizz post a pic already!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Matt
What struts did u go with and did u have to install the bump steer kit and CC plates? Ur car looks sick! oh yeah are those still 17"s on it?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Purerock Racing said:
Matt
What struts did u go with and did u have to install the bump steer kit and CC plates? Ur car looks sick! oh yeah are those still 17"s on it?
I don't know about his struts or c/c plates, but those are definitely 18s.

·
Registered
50 Posts
well that car looks and sits absolutely perfect. That drop with 18"s are the way to go. I was going with 10.5" x 17" in the rear, but now I just might have to convince the wife that I want to get 18"s all around. :tb01:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah they are for sure 18s. The tires for 18s are pretty expensive, but I just like the look of the 18s better than the 17s. I did the H&R super sports, maximum motorsports cc plates, steeda bumpsteer kit, steeda balljoints, and kept the stock tokiko shocks/struts for now. My car only has 28K miles on it so I couldn't justify buying new shocks/struts yet. When I do I will be going with Bilsteins for sure...

Thanks for the compliments! Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Matt, that pic is great. Dizzy better start a new thread because he'll have a hard time topping that one (and its his thread). :D
LOL, in no way was I trying to take the thread over :wink:

Let's see some pics Dizzy...

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
If you lower an 01, don't forget the bump steer kit. Those tie rods are at too much of an angle already and lowering makes it much worse. The bump steer kit keeps the wheels straight as you go over bumps and throughout the full range of the suspension.

·
Registered
922 Posts
PhotoRick said:
If you lower an 01, don't forget the bump steer kit. Those tie rods are at too much of an angle already and lowering makes it much worse. The bump steer kit keeps the wheels straight as you go over bumps and throughout the full range of the suspension.
PhotoRick is right. The bump-steer kit is worth it. I installed my H&Rs without the kit and it was pretty rough.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yes, A Lowered BULLITT is a happy BULLITT. IDK about the scraping on the cats but my front end has seen better days since I put the Shinoda Lip on it. it literaly sits like 3 1/2 inchs off the ground.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts