Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Mustang 3 said:
You got that right!!!

Actually as Mr Negative on ruining Bullits (if you don't get the concept, don't buy the car) that one doesn't really send me up the wall--I see it as a project started...granted the 66 GT350 style window on the 05-09's doesn't work well with a 68 concept..so he tired to fix it--he should of gone further--filled the window by grafting in the actual 68 fastback louvers...now that would be 'different' and stay true to concept.
The thing is that much like art or other creative forms, this concept is purely subjective.

My opinion is that the car is inspired by Steve McQueen, and using Bullitt, the classic movie as further representation of McQueen's impact on the automotive world. It's a tribute to him, not just that one movIe.

I say... Do what you like, and what would make McQueen proud!

WWSMD?

·
Registered
505 Posts
See, if Steve had been driving that car in the movie, he wouldn't have been able to run the Charger off in to oil refinery/gas station, whatever it was, because the blind spot was too big. :)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
So you didn't get the Bullitt number

Dennis (WonB) mentioned to me that he stole a picture of the STB plate.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
This thread is getting too serious, which means it's time for...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My-My, It's amazing I was there and can't remember saying half of what has been posted. I do apologize if I offended you boys down in Myrtle Beach. I met several of your members that I have to say I could cruise with. Luke out of Canada, Michael out of I think Arkansas and a real nice kid I can't remember his name but I bet he's glad now that I didn't take him on the offer to park in the grass when you had your awards function. I think this forum speaks volumes about why I parked with friends and not at Hooters and I didn't attend the IMBOC functions. Again, I apologize if I offended anyone.
Drive her hard but keep it safe. Maybe see you down the road.
Oh yea, the only thing tacky was that bad fish smell.
TH-JOKER

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
You are welcome at ANY Bullitt gathering. Including the next Bullitt Nationals. Sorry you had a negative experience with some in our group.

I met you and you were very friendly to me.Maybe it was that I didn't judge you or your car. I think your comment to me about parking with us was that you were parked with friends.

This is the type of stuff we come to IMBOC to get away from. Fair enough if you don't like his mods but don't comment on attitudes that may not be true.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I thought you were very friendly to me as well when I came over around 9am. I really enjoyed seeing your car and as far as the window removal, it's not for me but it's your car and if you like it then do it. I do, however, really like the other touches you have added. The mods are tasteful and well done. Please stick around and don't let the attitude of a few distract from the great club that IMBOC is and feel welcome here.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I liked your mod with the side glass, many on here are great Mustang owners and welcome you, stick around and enjoy the ride of your life. I do understand the speaking volumes, believe me I know exactly what you are saying.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
TH-Joker

English Bob and I stopped by your car on the way over to ask about awards. You were nice to us and opened up the car so we could see the work inside. I completely understand the fact that you were parked with friends and didn't want to move over to where the Bullitts were. I thought your car looked very tastefully modded and NO i am no a purist(see my 01 in my sig picture). I am pretty sure that Bob and I told you more than once that it looked very nice! I am sorry if you feel you have been judged unfairly here and feel unwelcome. That is NOT the case and I hope you will take the time to learn who we are and like us a group. If not then I hope you continue to enjoy YOUR car! By the way you beat me out for best 08 Bullitt! Am I happy about that NO but does that mean I hate your Bullitt or think you shouldn't have been judged with me NO! It does mean I need to work harder and keep her cleaner for next time we meet up!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
TH-JOKER said:
My-My, It's amazing I was there and can't remember saying half of what has been posted. I do apologize if I offended you boys down in Myrtle Beach. I met several of your members that I have to say I could cruise with. Luke out of Canada, Michael out of I think Arkansas and a real nice kid I can't remember his name but I bet he's glad now that I didn't take him on the offer to park in the grass when you had your awards function. Again, I apologize if I offended anyone.
Drive her hard but keep it safe. Maybe see you down the road.
Oh yea, the only thing tacky was that bad fish smell.
TH-JOKER

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
I figured this thread would finally make you post.

Welcome to IMBOC.

I think this forum speaks volumes about why I parked with friends and not at Hooters and I didn't attend the IMBOC functions.
Interesting you would say that. What is it you pre-determined not to like about IMBOC and it's members? Just curious.

Stick around and you may just change your mind.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats kind of a wild looking car, its just missing the personality of the 68 / 08 look. It actually looks more like a SN95 mustang.

Those Black DEEP American Muscle wheels look pretty chill though.

Not suprised that this guy removed the "faux" gas cap too. Well its his car, if he wants to make it look "distinctive" that's his perogitive.
But I think FORD did a pretty good job of making the car understated, he just kept going on that theme. Now the car is devoid of any break to the sheetmetal.
Which maybe that was his whole point to have a solid body with no marks or cuts, minus the Windshield and passenger window?

Just my 2 cents

See ya,

Chris

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I am what they call the anti purist on this site as I started modding about 3 weeks into ownership of the car.
I don't give a rats a$$ what any member here thinks about my car just for that fact ...it is my car. Some of us like mods others don't. Stick around it is really a great site with loads of info about these rides. When i enter a show i am always made to enter "modified class" and have to go up against some real tough competition ,some times I win some times i don't.
Welcome aboard.

Stick around this is the liveliest thread we have had here in a while.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
This was an old post. Here is a more current view of this car.

TH-Joker 2010

With its new paint scheme, the lack of quarter windows looks good. Also with the new engine, I don't think this Bullitt is joking around.

I hope 'TH-Joker' still checks in on an occasion. He has a very unique Bullitt which gets better with each showing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was at the St. Louis Mustang Owners Club show here - and ran across a guy who had put a Roushcharger and a ton of other mods on his Bullitt.

At first... I was HORRIFIED. I gasped that he put headers on his Bullitt?? And change that beautiful exhaust note that Ford spent 12 MILLION Dollars getting just right??

He laughed in my face and got a wicked grin going - told me he took great JOY in HACKING the old exhuast out with a HACK SAW - then laughed maniacally. LOL.

I realized - hey - it's HIS damn car - he can do whatever he wants with it. Then I began percolating on what the Roushcharger might mean to ME. LOL.

TH-JOKER might as well finish the job and do that door handle mod where they fill in the recess and smooth it off. Then you're down to almost zero external breaks in the body.

If you're going - go big... or go home!

-Mac-

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.