Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the search for the 08 Bullitt we have come across the 2007 gt shelby.The price is about 10k higer.I would have to sell the 01 Bullitt to cover the price difference.The specs and upgrades are almost identicle between the Shelby and the 08 Bullitt. After that it stickers and badging.I know thats a lot of money for stickers but the car looks soooooo damn cool! What to do?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
bullstang said:
In the search for the 08 Bullitt we have come across the 2007 gt shelby.The price is about 10k higer.I would have to sell the 01 Bullitt to cover the price difference.The specs and upgrades are almost identicle between the Shelby and the 08 Bullitt. After that it stickers and badging.I know thats a lot of money for stickers but the car looks soooooo damn cool! What to do?
If the choice is between keeping the 2001 while buying the 2008 or selling the 2001 to buy the Shelby I'd definately keep the 01 and buy the 08 .....:cool:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself- Which car would give me the most pleasure?
The money difference is a fair amount- but divided by years of ownership it's not all that sigificant.

The cars are almost polar opposites. The Bullitt is a good looking car, but it doesn't stand out. The SGT will always stand out.

I have a feeling that the Bullitt will offer a better feeling ride.
It's a tough call. The SGT are not available here in Canada- if they were I might've been tempted last year to get one. I think the fact that they are customized right at Shelby Auto makes them unique. It seems like more of a "Shelby" than the GT500 (which is built completely by Ford).
The Bullitt however is truly going to be a rare car. There will not be 09 or 2010 Bullitt's. This is the only production run.

So again the question you need to answer is: What car is going to give you the most pleasure? The most satisfaction?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Having driven a Shelby GT, I can tell you I would not want it as a daily driver. It is a fantastic car, and yes it looks really cool, but I don't think the cool factor outweighs the harsh suspension. If it were me, and had the money, I'd take all three. If keeping the 01 and buying an 08 is an option, I'd say it is a no-brainer. But you may have to think how you might feel in 6 months to a year if you sell the 01.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
installermarc said:
Having driven a Shelby GT, I can tell you I would not want it as a daily driver. It is a fantastic car, and yes it looks really cool, but I don't think the cool factor outweighs the harsh suspension. If it were me, and had the money, I'd take all three. If keeping the 01 and buying an 08 is an option, I'd say it is a no-brainer. But you may have to think how you might feel in 6 months to a year if you sell the 01.
He is correct about the suspension. This was one of the reasons for the redesigned suspension on the 08 Bullitt. For $1000 you can make the 08 Bullitt much cooler than the Shelby. Springs, side louvers, and a new hood and it will be one cool ride!! And you get to keep the 01!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
shelbys aren't that attractive to me. Your just buying the damn name and stickers. I really don't like them that much.... it would be HANDS down for me a 08 Bullitt if finances were available... but even more so, just keeping the 01 & the extra change in my pocket ;)

·
Registered
816 Posts
08!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I love the visual look of the Shelby GT's,the front facia,the rear bumper cover,slammed,the fact they are built at the Shelby enterprises!!!But it's your choise.The '01 Bullitt is very unique on it's own aswell to even let it go....

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think you could pick up a SGT for a better price that 10k above the Bullitt... especially if it is an 07. My opinion, go for the Bullitt. The SGTs are very cool looking, but I've heard from several sources at my dealership and some guys that own them that they are awful to drive daily.

Korey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts