Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with my Mustang buddy,to try and get his 2007 GT,into the deep 13's. We went to the old,historic,Richmond Dragway. Place hasn't changed much,since 1965!
Traction was hard to find with the manual trans cars,especialy his with the well used Nitto DR's and 4.10 gear.He had these way to short,25 inch diameter tires,which gave him a calculated 4.33 gear ratio! But they were free!
Anyway best for him was a 13.84 at 102. Saw a 2008 Challenger SRT 6.1 go a best of 14.01 at 100. Didn't seem as if he was having too much traction trouble,it is just a big boat! Guy didn't look too happy!
Then there were the little import pocket rockets,running a lot of boost,going insane 11.50's at 120!! As fast as they are,they just don't look or sound, muscle like, going down the track.
OH the best run,was the guy in the black Z-06 Vette,that went a 13.75!! The Starter official had to beat on his fender,to tell him to go! Had a 40 second reaction time!!!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Mus408 said:
Went with my Mustang buddy,to try and get his 2007 GT,into the deep 13's. We went to the old,historic,Richmond Dragway. Place hasn't changed much,since 1965!
Traction was hard to find with the manual trans cars,especialy his with the well used Nitto DR's and 4.10 gear.He had these way to short,25 inch diameter tires,which gave him a calculated 4.33 gear ratio! But they were free!
Anyway best for him was a 13.84 at 102. Saw a 2008 Challenger SRT 6.1 go a best of 14.01 at 100. Didn't seem as if he was having too much traction trouble,it is just a big boat! Guy didn't look too happy!
Then there were the little import pocket rockets,running a lot of boost,going insane 11.50's at 120!! As fast as they are,they just don't look or sound, muscle like, going down the track.
OH the best run,was the guy in the black Z-06 Vette,that went a 13.75!! The Starter official had to beat on his fender,to tell him to go! Had a 40 second reaction time!!!
Was the vette guy asleep or on his cell phone? :lol: As much as I hate to admit it (and I really do hate to admit it,) those damn ricers are just going to be taking over the hot rod scene within the next 20 years. :sad:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigBullitt said:
Was the vette guy asleep or on his cell phone? :lol: As much as I hate to admit it (and I really do hate to admit it,) those damn ricers are just going to be taking over the hot rod scene within the next 20 years. :sad:
Yeah,I'll bet he was on his cell phone!
BTW...Two weeks from now,the F.A.S.T. boys come to town,at my other home track,VMP. That will be some good ole,run what ya brung type racing! They are almost as quick,as the early days of Pro Stock,but on the skinny OEM tires! One certain black 1969 Roadrunner,will be looking for some sub 10.50 runs.
The track should be sticky,since it will be the weekend after the NHRA National event.
I will be making some Bullitt runs that weekend too!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mus408 said:
I don't know about the Import/Hot Rod takeover, but I did drive my Sons (Moded) SUBARU Turbo last Sunday at Sears Point Sonama Ca. road course track day/driving school. I'll have to admit DAMN-It was crazy fast at least to me. He has a loud tuned exhaust and even though very FAST didn't sound right to me either compated to A Z06 also there. We have debated about how much money to put into his car I lost!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
To continue He passed A new ROUSH MUSTANG S/C on the track, but the MUSTANG driver was given the move over/pass flag, because my son was catching him. It was a lot about driving skill, but I sure heard about it from him!. -LOL-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts