Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where a guy can get an A or X plan pin if you don't know anyone who works for Ford?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wade, if you will contact your local Ford dealer they should be able to get you a list of the local companies that are eligible for X-plan. To be honest with you though, on most vehicles X-plan is not much more than a couple of hundred bucks back of invoice. A/Z/D plan is available to Ford employees and relatives of Ford employees. This is a much bigger discount compared to X-plan. On my F250 that I just bought it saved me about $6000.00!!!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Got my X Plan by joining EAA. New rules with EAA now state you must be a member for 1 year after joining before becoming eligible for Ford Partners savings. If you were in before December 2001 you were not affected by the change.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is the deal with X/A plan. X plan gets you 1% under invoice, A plan 4-5% under. Dealerships will usually not offer X plan on speciallty cars like the Bullitt and Cobra. I checked out a $20,000 Ford with X plan about 2 months ago and it came out to a savings of about $1,600 dollars, pretty substantial if you ask me. Some dealerships will also combine X plan with ongoing rebates saving you even more money, but not all dealerships will do this. A plan is only for Ford employees and their immediate family. I don't know of the companies who offer employees X plan, but I think that Radio Shack is on the list. I would say try to get someone who works for Ford (maybe even in a friendly forum) to get you the X plan pin, I think that they get 4-5 a year to give to friends.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wade,

I bought my Bullitt on X-Plan and saved a few bucks under invoice but yesterday I bought a 2002 Ranger Edge an X-Plan it was only $9.00 below invoice. Still its buying at or invoice.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 17:06, llama_boy wrote:
EAA? Expermential Aircraft Association?

Are you a builder?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

No, not yet :grin: I joined to get X Plan.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yes the D plan is the only reason that me and bullittbro2 are in these awsome cars

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
It really can't be sold, the PIN is issued to a person. And that PIN has to match the persons ID when buying the vehicle.

What are you looking to buy? How soon?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I was quoted a discount of about $1,500 US under the X-Plan when we bought our Bullitt. Unfortunately, some vehicles don't qualify under the X-plan..... we bought the Escape a few months later and there was absolutely no way they would let me X-plan it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If a particular dealer is not offering X plan it's likely that another one might. I haggled for 5 hours to get an X-plan price on my Bullitt with rebates, uping trade, but they would not give me X plan. Some of us did get it with the Bullitt which shows, it's up to the dealer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Employees of Ford got caught a few years ago selling their A plan pin. Needless to say they watch a lot closer now. I have heard of a mechanic at a dealer that was willing to give his pin to you if you bought from that dealer. I did not have a problem using X plan whne I bought my Bullitt or the Ranger and they gave me all the incentives.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I got my bullitt on the Z plan and it saved me a little more than $3000, I got it for $24,100. My grandmother-in-law is a Ford retiree and we got the discount through her. She recently told me that they are now offering a friends and family plan where Z plan members are allowed to provide the X plan discount to friends, but they must stay under thier 4-cars-per-year limit. Maybe you can find a Z plan member that will call you a friend.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I got my wife's Escape and the Bullitt with X-Plan pricing, no questions asked. Every dealer I checked with said they would do X-Plan on the Bullitt, so I think you just need to find one that will do it. It's obviously up to the individual dealers, guess I'm in a good area for that type of thing. :smile:

·
Registered
173 Posts
A plan is a no go unless you are immediate family of a Ford employee.
X plan (aka friends and neighbors) would be no questions asked, and can be GIVEN OUT to anyone by a Ford employee they are given 4-5 pins a year to give out. Now you just have to find someone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Wade, I have an X-Plan pin, if I can find where I stashed the printout that I took to my dealer. I believe my dealer said you can buy 2 cars per year under an X-Plan pin. Since my wife and I both got one in 2001, we certainly don't plan to buy any this year. Let me see if I can put my hands on it, and I will send you a private message.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts