Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since their kit won't be available for a while,I re-examnined the whole deal. I noticed the intake manifold gets quite warm from engine heat and so does the hood area where the duct work would go. Also the air scooping ability is somewhat unknown,since it is mainly for cosmetic reasons. So my plan is to construct a duct work or scoop to fit behind the lower bumper openings,fog light hole and partial radiator air inlet opening. Use the March ram air kit 5 inch dia. hose and filter adapter to feed cool air to the intake. The hood scoop will be opened up to feed what cool air it can scoop,to the under hood area around the intake. Thus cool ram air to the intake and a cooling effect to the manifold area.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-06-15 21:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-06-15 21:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went to the auto parts store and bought a section of 4" air intake hose, the accordian style stuff. I took some fasteners and attached one end to the air silencer and routed the duct work down to the passenger side fog light openeing. I re-fastened that end down there to hold it in place and installed some 4" circular gutter guard into the end of the hose to keep out any larger type items that might get sucked in. Now I KNOW I'm getting denser outside air and not the hot stuff under the hood or in the fender wall. The whole thing took about 20 minutes and cost less than $10.00. I also added a K&N filter while I had the thing apart. Don't know if it's any faster, but it sure didn't hurt!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great job on that ram-air project,Lt.Bullitt! I read a ram-air how to on corral.net. They used the sheetmetal type 5 inch dia. duct work on a 98 Cobra. It worked out well,but I can't find any 5 inch parts around here. The March Ram-Air parts should be here Monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts