Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I saw a Yellow Bullitt here at the AF base I'm stationed on. I only got a quick look. It has the side scoops, and badging but I couldn't tell if it had the brakes. I'm going to get a closer look later and find the owner to check the number. Could it be ordered from ford like that?

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is no such animal as a yellow Bullitt. Only Dark Highland Green, Black, and True Blue. Period. Anything else is a fake.

FYI - many of the GTs come with the Bullitt wheels now. That might be throwing you off.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
It sounds like who ever owns it has been doing some shopping on the net. There were only three colors for the Bullitt, green, blue, and black. If you ask him what number it is and he telss you, ask to see the sticker then. See what you find.
Cam

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
False Alarm...
It just had the Bullitt Badge on back, nothing else.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Sounds like some of us FL Bullittheads need to go over to Tampa and staighten out this poor lost soul with the yellow "Bullitt"!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SteveBullitt on 2001-07-26 20:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys

I don't know about your area but up here in Philly there are a couple of dealers who are offering a Bullitt package. This can go on any 2001 Mustang GT regardless of color even droptops. it is a 5000.00 option.

It could be a real bullitt it get a serial number just like ours.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Which dealers are doing that? Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dealers in Philly capitalizing on the latest trend in LE. How disgusting is it that instead of waiting for Ford to put all of our "unique" parts onto future Models be it a V6, a GT, or a Cobra, now the middle man dealer is stepping in and limiting our collectability by hand producing bullitts with all the extras and making 1500 more than the real thing. Not that I don't appreciate living in a free country....it's just that some times capitalism SUCKS!!! Sorry for the rant. I understand immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Now, I guess my challenge is to figure out how to make a VERY cost effective Cobra package for the GT and sell it at a premium. Or for that matter a GT package for a V6. Or the ultimate irony, a cobra package for the V6. Let's REALLY level the playing field and make them all equal. While we're at it, lets throw together a cost effective way for the dealer to put together the mach 1 concept and sell it before Ford gets to it. Am I making a point here? Like I said, sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't think this is any way affects the value of our cars. It is pretty easy to tell a real Bullitt from a fake one. Heck, we were able to tell over the Internet without even seeing the damn thing. :wink: I imagine if you spent enough you could fake it enough to pass some peoples inspection, but you still wouldn't have the serial number or the correct VIN. Just putting a badge on it doesn't make it a Bullitt anymore than me wearing an Ichiro jersey makes me a quick little Japanese outfielder.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amen Brother!!!!
I say more power to the fakers and Dealers trying to be like US, the true Bullitt owners and drivers. I have an original and they can't take that away or pollute it with thier fakery(spelling?). You can do the same thing with a Gt to make a Saleen conversion. Only the die hards can tell the difference, but it doesn't take anything away from the serial numbered owners.

·
Registered
252 Posts
All have a point. A mustang is a mustang is a mustang. I have something unique and original and who am I to say it is wrong to mimic. EVERY Mustang owner has the same goal in mind. To drive a GREAT lookin, fast car. And with the availability of parts and demand for the Bullitt nomenclature as well as the engine parts it is quite obvious the mustang crowd finds us to have the most attractive model at the moment. Color me flattered. VIN number, serial number, and our own knowlege seperates us from the wannabe's and that can't be taken away. (I'd like to see someone try to take MINE away anyway)

·
Registered
223 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-27 14:11, Y2K16T8 wrote:
Which dealers are doing that? Just out of curiosity.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry about not getting back to you quicker but the two dealers I know of are Chapman Ford in Philly where I bought my Bullitt and McCafferty Ford in Langhorne, PA.

With the 5000.00 cost they do receive a serial number. I do not know what number they start with or whether or not the VIN is arseociated with the serial number.

2001 Mustang Bullitt #2075
Dark Highland Green

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 2075 on 2001-07-31 08:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
HA! I'm still waiting to hear back from McCafferty to let me know when the Bullitts are available for order. At the time I went to see them, I didn't know Bullitts had been available for two months. Funny, neither did they. The salesman told me they would absolutely NOT be selling any Bullitt below sticker and probably be adding a premium to the cost. What a joke that guy was.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not only will Ford be coming after their dealership, but the lawers for the McQueen folks also. Did not Ford get the exclusive rights to the name?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts