Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much is installation for gears to be installed and has anybody ever done them there self . i have replaced ring and pinion and several other cars no mustangs is it much different thanks

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Not only would I not do it but I would be sure to hire a tech who has done several Mustang gear changes. Setting up a performance car involves more precision, a good dial gauge, special fluid and additive. I takes a good tech three or four hours so there is a lot to know.

3.73 gears really wake up an 01.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you supply everything usally around 200

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I dont know what the cost wud be today but in 2006 when i had my 373's installed it was

a 3 hour install......cost: labor....$275.....speed-cal...$99...gears..$199.95 and another $80 bucks for misc stuff......Total.....$708.82....including tax.

Hope this helps......

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
my Ford guy did it in 2 hours easy.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Best thing to do,is check with anyone ,in your area
,who has had a gear install done and go with a shop recommended.
In my case,I do all my own gear installs and it can take a while to get the proper tooth contact pattern and bearing preloads,just right. It is a bit more difficult than a Ford 9 inch setup.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I just got 3:73's installed the other day parts/labor 495.00 but another 75.00 for new bearing's. idk about how much gears wake up the 01. i ran a 14.28 w/o the gears i got a sct tuner and gears and then ran a 13.96. See if you can find someone who has 4:10's and drive in there car and one with 3:73's. I almost regret not getting 4:10's, but i would be killing myself on the free way if i had those. im at 2000 rpm in 4th gear at 40mph, and 70 is 2200ish. But hey i didnt get much passes so i may have gotten some better times which i hope i can get.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I was going to recommend a 4x4 place in T town but I am not sure which one it was.

My buddy got his done there and the work was top notch. If I think of it, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Well, if you were in Omaha I'd tell you where NOT! to go. I have about $500 wrapped up in labor and I still ended up fixing their screw up myself! Make sure you use someone that knows what the heck they are doing and get plenty of testimonials before letting them touch your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts