Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trial fitting the H-pipe last night,and noticed the old style hard fiber manifold gasket they give you. Those don't give a good seal over the long haul. Some folks say they reuse the original factory "O" ring gasket,but there isn't much sealing area left with the larger 2/1/2 inch flange opening. So I will try what has worked on my header collectors,on my 85 LX. I make up a copper O ring,that will offer some seal crush and high temp sealing. Other than that looks like all will fit OK. Keep you posted.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a good graphite coated,steel wire renforced gasket that with a little hole modifing,worked great so far. The H-pipe fit was perfect,no leaks yet and sound with stock muffs. AWESOME!!! Almost like a pair of Flowmasters. Now to tune the chip.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been trying to install my MAC off-road H-pipe, but unfortunately stripped the lower pasenger side header nut in trying to do so. I'm really frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this nut off?

·
Registered
452 Posts
See if you can get a pair of vise grips on the end of the stud, and just remove the stud. IT might be a Pain in the pooper on that side thought. A 10 MM socket or somewhere around there should work as well. Then back the stud out, and replace it with a new stud, or the studs you will have to remove from the Drivers side.

The stock gasket is fine, I have never had any leak issues.....

PS use 1/2 drive tool need the torque...

email me if you have any more questions..

Doug

·
Registered
60 Posts
Actually the nut on the lower passenger side manifold/header is stripped. I'm taking it to a mechanic today to see if he can get it off. Ford must have used high strength loc-tite on those nuts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts