Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was polishing the engine compartment at the Ft Lauderdale MCA show, the polish I was using wiped away the last T on Bullitt. My body shook and I felt like puking all over. I almost died! Beware!!!!! YOU COULD WIPE AWAY the black ink that contains your ID information. I have been promised by an engineer on the BULLITT project that I met this weekend, and showed him the sticker, that he will bring attention to this very real problem to the Bullitt team in Dearborn. He said "this is a problem to the collectability of this car" and it needs to be fixed. I'll keep all of you posted!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks Fred for your help!!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Thanks Fred!
Thanks for the posters too!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Fred,

We have been trying to get Ford to do something about this for some time now. Not sure what the hold up is, but they are aware of it. But extra attention NEVER hurts :wink:

Thanks for pointing it out to the Ford guy.

Bud

·
Banned
663 Posts
I had the same problem when I wiped dirt off of the label with my finger! Instead of Bullitt 05064, I now have Bullitt 064. Please keep us informed as to what Ford says. Is there anyone I should contact now and if so, how?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt5064 on 2002-02-15 21:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
34 Posts
So sad, had the protection package put on mine, and the yellowish undercoating was sprayed along the inside edge of the top front fender under the hood and also on my sticker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So HAPPY! I got my new bullitt sticker today! :grin:
I went to the dealer, as they screwed up my sticker. He was happy to order the new one. It says has to be installed by the dealer only, but he gave it to me knowing I knew how to apply it. It also already has the clear coating on it. The only way to clean the new one is with alcohol. You get only one replacement and it has to be done through the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts