Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, drove my Bullitt to work today for the first time. I got about halfway here and the ABS light came on and stayed on. Brakes worked fine (was a little nervous at first) but the light stayed on. Will be taking it back to the dealer, anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just drove mine this weekend and i now have the same problem.

Anyone know what it is?

the abs and trac. light stay on

·
Registered
10 Posts
One thing to check is the level of the brake fluid. On most Ford products if the fluid level drops below the minimum, the ABS light will be on continously.

·
Registered
579 Posts
fluid is ok

bringing it to dealer this week

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem a month ago. Happened on a Sunday of course!,dealer closed. Found
a pinched wire at right rear wheel speed sensor. Repired wire and all is well again.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I agree with JimmyS. I have had no probs with my Bullitt but I have a 2002 Explorer which was doing the same thing. I took it to the dealer and they replaced one of my rear wheel speed sensors. That fixed the problem. They should be able to run a diagnostic on the car and find the problem easily. In the mean time your brakes will work just fine.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Went to the delaer today and they have to order a right front abs sensor - not sure if it's a speed sensor or not

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would think that if it were a front sensor only the abs light would come on and if it were a rear sensor the snail light and abs light would come on. I would hope that the dealer would be able to read a code from the computer which would indicate which sensor has a problem. I have a question if a rear snesor goes bad and the snail light comes on can you even drive the car or do you have to turn off traction control before the car will move?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
The traction control uses the ABS system. The snail light is only there to tell you that the system is operating by either doing one of the following
Braking at one or both drive wheels
Fuel injection cutoff
Ignition spark retard
Air/fuel ratio control

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not to make you worry or anything but...
#4850 went into the shop 2 weeks after I bought it for the same thing. They replaced the whole abs module. The night she was killed the abs/traction control did not activate. My advice, if you get it fixed take it to a wet parking lot with no cars to verify abs/traction control fuctionality. (my $.02)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes the snail light does use the ABS system. It uses the rear sensors for going and all four for stopping.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just some new info on my last post. 30+ mph and the Traction control is out the window. If you hop the tires (by road buckles etc... ) abs has gone in to hibernation. This explains my dysfuctional safety features. Just thought I would pass the info.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I had the same problem but it was intermittent. The light would come on for now reason and go off for no reason. After several trips to the garage and two wheel sensors, I took it to another Ford Garage. They called Ford and it was some type of hydraulic computer for the ABS Brakes. It has been over two month and so far no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts