Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious...I took TB 688 in for some service and I asked the tech to "check out" the dash light ABS which comes on after about 10 minutes then de-activates the Trac off/on switch. The dealer call me back and says they cannot get any readings and need to replace the "whole module", which runs about $780.00...I told them to hold off for now.

Any body run into this scenario before with the dash ABS light coming on and what did you do to solve the problem?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I've heard that if a wheel sensor is bad it can do this. My old Bullitt had the issue and after about 10 minutes it would just shut the traction control off on a good day. Sometimes the traction control would never come on. Never had an ABS light come on, but a mechanic I talked to said that was a common problem with them.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
This link explains the Mustang ABS and tells you how to diagnose it yourself.

http://books.google.com/books?id=yUvr8KGlABsC&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=mustang+abs&source=web&ots=ht_pZkQwLd&sig=HKSRiQrQyWqoqZBA9h8ETJo5HbA#PPA117,M1

This link comes in handy if the news is bad.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53186&highlight=abs

I have the ABS light that stays on along with the trac control light. It was diagnosed as the module. They told me that it was 99% certain but that the pump could also be bad. i have a module I bought from a 4000 mile Bullitt that was totaled. I've been to lazy to install it. MPS Salvage in Georgia carries the pump and module for $175-200. Our module and pump is the same as the Cobra. My module has Cobra stamped on it. They are very reputable dealers. If your repair people are certain its the module and not the sensors then I would talk to MPS. Here is their link.

http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/

·
Registered
152 Posts
ABS/Trac Light

I have the same problem....ABS light comes on followed by trac light. In the cold weather is takes about 10-15 min of driving to happen. Sometimed it goes out by itself, sometimes not.
In the hot weather its on all the time. Dealer can't find any codes so suggested nre mainfiold/pump ($800) They never did check the wheel sensors which is where I think the problem may be.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I would check your sensors. They may need to have the metal shavings that stick to it cleaned off. You also might check the wiring, especially if you are running wider tires/wheels. I had a wheel rub the ABS wire enough to cut it once. I then had the same problems until I found it and spliced it back together.

·
Registered
106 Posts
most likely your wheel sensor or exciter rings mine did this because the exciter ring had a crack and worked its self lose and started to rub the sensor but as soon as i put the exciter ring in a bind where it will hold its self it went off. I would check these two first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts