Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well living out here in California we have been dealing with a very, very HOT summer. Since my car is a daily driver, I use my AC alot. I have noticed after long drives with the AC on that when I get out of the car I can hear water evaporating on hot metal. Well I climbed under the car to take a look and it appears to be condensation dripping from the upper AC lines down to the bottom of the engine. It is discoloring some of the pieces down there. Has anybody else had this - is it normal?

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's not a "leak", it's water condensing out of the atmosphere. It's nothing at all to worry about. :smile:

Joe

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it appears to be coming directly from the metal line going back to the firewall it has a foam like hose going towards the condenser/compressor setup (I guess), and it appears to be dripping from there - does this still fit the normal scenario?

Thanks for your quick response too - sorry to push.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#238 on 2001-08-26 22:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes, definitely. It's the same water you get on a glass of lemonade left out in the heat. If you touch it, I'd bet it's cold/cool.

Joe

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It's probably coming from two places. There's a drain in the air box that lets the condensation out from the evaporator in the passenger's compartment to the ground and the line you mentioned. I get the same kind of condensation here and the same dripping sound onto hot exhaust pipes. It's normal but annoying to hear and see puddles of water under your car. Also dust sticking to the lines like mud was thrown at them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys - with all the issues this car has been having - I had to find out if this was yet another to add to my list.

Thanks again.

Joe Schwartz
DHG #00256

1 - 6 of 6 Posts