Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on BON, and was directed here. Well, here I am, and here's my story.

I finally decide to buy my first Mustang at the ripe young age of 30. I have it in my mind that I want a True Blue Premium GT 5-sp. I contact a local dealer over the internet and they tell me they have one in stock. I go see them and of course they don't, but want to locate one for me. No biggie, but they want to get me qualified with credit before they go out and get it. Again, no biggie, but we haven't talked prices yet. After I get approved I sit down with finance and they have me approved at sticker price for the car and this really low ball price for my trade. I tell the finance guy I didn't agree to these #'s and they won't come down off sticker! Not one dollar. See ya.

So I call another dealer close by (Covert Ford in Hutto, TX, great dealer) and tell them what I want. No TBs in the whole state like I want. What was this first dealer up to? So then I decide on black. They locate 3 and call to see if they can get them. Two were sold and the third was a $45K+ Rousch. Way too much for me. The salesman finally says the only 5-sp GT he has on the lot is DHG and a Bullitt. What? Wait a minute. Yeah, he says. Just came in today. I tell him I would rather have TB or Black and he says let me call my other store and I'll call you back. 15 mins later he says he has a Black Bullitt backing off the truck in his lot at that minute. Wow, what luck. I tell him to put a sold sticker on it and I'll be by after work.

We bought my wife an Explorer there in Jan and since we were returning they sold me the Bullitt for $200 over invoice, not including the $1500 cash back from Ford. They said the DHG was being sold (already) at sticker and they could let this one go a little cheaper. I ended up paying less for the Bullitt than the first dealer tried to sell me a GT. And the first dealer did all the work getting all the financing done. Covert just had to pull it up on the computer and put the new #'s in. Did this turn out to be a great day or what?

After all this time chasing a GT and can't find one, only to have a Bullitt drop in my lap.

I still can't wipe that grin off my face.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Again, Congrats on the Black Bullitt! That smile is never gonna wear off! Glad you decided to check us out here in BullittLand. Everything you ever wanted to know about a Bullitt, but were afraid to ask......don't be afraid to ask. Many people here with lots of Mustang experience, and lots of ideas........

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
welcome to Bulliitt land John!!we're all a bunch of grinning fools, but happy as flies in ....well, you know
hope you have as much fun as we're having. we look forward to your comments and input!!!
congrats on your baby!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Welcome to the Bullitt Club John. I wonder,from your number,how many Bullitts will be in the final count? Time is drawing near for the production end.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Your handle should be John E Walker Black. (My best friend next to Jack Daniel) :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Pulled into work today and found another BULLITT in the parking lot. Guy down the hall bought a black one last night. Already invited him to BCC. If he joins that will make 6 I believe, members in AZ.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here goes my first post:

I was inspired by the story on accidentally obtaining a Bullitt.

I decided it was time to get a new toy so I decided on a Silver 2001 GT 5spd with every intention of modifying it!

Went to a dealer to go test drive a GT 5spd and they didn't have one, so meandered over to another dealership and they had the exact car I was looking for.......but parked tail- to-tail with this car was a dark green car with brushed aluminum gas cap cover. I immediately recognized this as a Bullit. I turned to the salesman and asked if it was for sale. I also inquired as to why it was tucked a way in the back of the lot next to the body shop. (Thinking it might have been damaged in transport.) His response was that the person who ordered didn't take delivery because it came with the wrong seat in it. The passenger seat was from a Mustang GT. It was just sitting on the back of the lot waiting for the right seat to come in so they could swap it out and display it up front. Noticing a good thing when I saw it I decided to talk numbers on the Bullitt instead of the GT. One hour later I walked out of there with Highland Green Bullitt #00208, with mismatched seats! I want to thak the guy who ordered the car and refused delivery, becuase I am a lot happier than I would have been with the standard GT.

Eric
BULLITT#00208

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2001-07-13 18:03 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts