Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was wondering if getting this throttle body is worth it?

My mods are:

stage 2 Patriot heads
stage 2 Vt engines NA cams
march pulleys
jba shorties
magnaflow xpipe with cats
hooker maxflow catback
jlt in fender cold air kit
dyno tuned (294rwhp @ 5800rpms, 312rwtq @ 4800rpms)

I just got kooks longtubes with cats and plan to go to get retuned but I am wondering if I can squeeze out a few more ponies with the accufab throttle body.

Does anybody have this throttle body? How do you like it?

thanks in advance..... :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Chances are with your mods you would notice a nice gain. I wouldn't expect too much peak gain but probably a nice sizable chunk across the band or under the curve.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Chris

I didn't think about the area under curve. I am searching around for a good deal now. How much do you think I will make after retuning with the Longtubes and throttle body? I am hoping for 320rwhp and good increase under the curve. Next mod is to get traction like upper and lower control arms. I am hoping for high 12's on street tires.

Thanks again,

Abel

·
Registered
98 Posts
I definatly think with your current mods a throttle body will be a nice addition. I dont know about hitting the 320 mark but you should be gettin close with the LT's and TB

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brian,

I am definitely buying the TB....Maybe if I use the 90mm maf from demolet motorsports that I bought awhile back that could get me closer to 320.....hmmmm I am just 320 a goal, becasue my brother had an 01 Cobra with boltons at 320. IF I cut the cats I should be there for sure, but I don't want to do that. I guess what's really most important is how it does at the track with me granny shifting.....lol!

Thanks again...

I wonder what are other NA bullitts doing with similar mods.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
I wish I could find the most recent article I read on this. It might be in this month's MM&FF. Anyway, on a stock car with a larger TB, the TB is not the restricition therefore offers little peak gain. However, the larger TB will flow more air at every throttle position, therefore allowing for more power under the curve. Ex: a 600 cfm TB will flow less at 50% open than at 1000 cfm TB at 50%, therefore more air will enter the engine with the larger TB which will create more power. On a non modified car, the engine can't use all the 1000 cfm that a TB can flow at 100% which results in little to no change in peak numbers. I'm going back to read the article and I will post a link. Let me know if this makes sense.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the Accufab website the stock Bullitt/Cobra TB flows 1089cfm....the Accufab Ellipse TB flows 1284cfm. Not too much difference, but area under curve should be signifcantly better. And throttle response should be better too. A quicker get up and go!

I order from AmericanMuscle for 349.99(free shipping). It should arrive by the end of the week, then my dyno tune will be next week. I'll post as soon as I have some news.

thanks again....

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have the accufab single blade TB. I really can't say how much it helped individually, as it was added along with a number of other mods. It does improve throttle response. Which makes street starts trickier (harder to modulate the throttle at low speed for smooth starts)and it also makes cruising through parking lots at idle more difficult as the car will want to buck more (again a low speed modulation issue).

So basically, it takes away some of the daily-driver feel and adds some race-car personality, which as far as I'm concerned is a great thing.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks stang 4.6

That's nteresting about the low speed issue....I hope tuning with the cams won't be too much hassle. My Bullitt is just a weekend car. I'll try it out anyways.

thanks...i hope to get it tuned next week.

·
Registered
591 Posts
No problem, let us know what kind of numbers you put down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts