Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched previous posts and retrieved this diagram:

I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly what wires I should use if I wanted to hook up another amp using the existing wires connected to the rear amp. I know I can tap off of the speaker wire from the amp to the rear speakers, and just run them to the sub, but was curious about the sound difference by adding another amp for just the new sub. Mainly what wire is the ground, the positive, the led, and left and right input signal. Any help would be appreciated. I was planning on adding my sub this weekend since it is raining all weekend, and there is nothing better to do.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
You'll want to use another amp for the sub cause if you dont you will burn out the factory one with the extra load on it. I tapped off the factory wires and fed the new amp for mine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black Sunshine,
Do you remember what wires you tapped off of? The diagram doesn't say which ones are the ground, power, remote led, and signal input wires. I was hopeing somebody new this before I start experimenting. Any more information will be helpfull.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Ground i used the chassis in the trunk. Power i ran from the battery. Remote I used a key-on power from the fuse box. Now for the speaker leads i used a low level impedence adaptor and t-tapped into the speaker wires off of the rear speakers, where the wires go into the big black box under the back deck lid. I'll take some picks for you in a little while and post them for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I was hoping to use the existing wires that are already there and just be able to tap into them, instead of running a whole new set of wires from the front of the car to the rear. I was also planning on tapping off of the speakers wire like you did, so save from running additional wire. I'm interested in seeing your pics of your setup. Again, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tore everything apart, and hooked up the led remote wire to the rear, and the ground and power wire outside of the car to the battery, and the amp turned on and off perfectly. The problem I'm having is hooking up the high level to low level converter. I was hooking up the high level wires of the converter right to the rear two speakers, but could not get any sound out of the amp. I was hoping to use a seperate amp for my 12" speaker. Of course it works if I just run speaker wire from the rear speakers to the sub without using my amp, but not sure if it will sound right and if there will be enough power to push all the cars speakers plus my 12. Right now my box is sitting overnight to let the caulking dry. Any help on how anybody else hooked up a high level to low level converter would be appreciated, or tips on how to hook it up without an extra amp.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts