Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does adding the rear wing (orderable and installed by ford dealer) change the collectablility of the Bullitt since they ship from the factory without one?

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
In my humble opinion, since the look of the car was originally designed to be clean, which helps to distinguish the car from other Stangs, as well as the fact that you're boring holes in body panels, if I were a collector I'd look elsewhere. But...if you're not looking to sell, your pleasure!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Around here,there is a guy with a blue Bullitt,who added a wild aluminum wing. At several carshows,I have overheard many negative remarks about it.It would look great on a GT......Keep the Bullitt clean.....Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I read J Mays isn't much for tacked on bits. Look at his designs... the TT is a pure form, the FourtyNine needs no explaining.

The Bullitt had been J Mays-ized. Compare the GT to the Bullitt. The GT looks like a Subaru World Rally car with its wings and scoops.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most of you don't recommend that the wing be added, but there are a heck of alot of posts in the club forums that discuss modifications , add-ons etc..of some sort. Question is, what mods are acceptable vs. retaining the Bullitt's collectable status?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts