Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bullit is scheduled to be built the week of june 4th, and my dealer has agreed to install my svo 3:73 rear gear kit when it arrives. The one thing i forgot to talk to them about is if they are going to adjust the speedometer when they do this. Can it just be adjusted via their equipment or must I purchase an aftermarket chip to accomplish this? Any and all help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm not completely sure, but I think the speedo on our car is electronic. I think you are going to need an Abbott Speed Compensator to adjust the speedo.....

·
Registered
959 Posts
PLease let us know how the car runs with the 373 gears. Also things like rpm in 5th at , say, 70.

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem, as soon as I get the gears in they are going to install them. I pick the car itself up monday, then bring it back in a few days to get the gears in so I should be able to describe the difference between the stock 3:27's and the 3:73's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah you will tell a difference!!! my car has 4.10s and i had to get a JMS chip to fix mine. Highly recommend the chip, its a speedo calibration device and a horsepower booster. can't go wrong with that!!

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
SpeedCal is the simplest and works great. Just put mine in with my 3.73's. I am very satisfied.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
yep, you're right. there seems to be a trend starting on this forum. Guess we will start having to pay more attention until the game players stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts