Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out of the movie theatre this evening and saw an older man and woman looking into my car and walking around and admiring it. They were driving a 99' 35th Anniversary Vert., and they seemed to be really in love with the Bullitt. This is the first time that anyone has ever gawked at it in the 3 months that I've had it. I spent the entire day on Saturday cleaning and polishing it, so it was looking like a million bucks. It felt good to be admired for once. :smile:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Cool! As I'm driving in town today a county mountie pulls in behind me and then pulls alongside and I'm thinking What does he want?. Instead he gives me the thumbs up!! Beats the ole ticket!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I got a ticket (well it should have been) way back in June...I was doing 100 in a 65, but he clocked me at 81...I saw the front end of his cruiser stickin out ahead and got on them brakes! Anyway, he pulled me over, and then proceeded to comment on the Bullitt, and how he understands how it's hard to drive a car like this 'nice' (he has a 99 Cobra). We were actually out, on the side of the freeway walking around the car, hood open and all. It was great!! I only got a warning. :grin:

·
Registered
237 Posts
First Thursday of every month we have a "cruise in" here in Mobile. Took the Bullitt to the cruise in and parked it to walk and look at the other cars, several times we passed by and people were gathered around it. Then, this morning on the interstate exchanged thumbs up from a guy my Dad's age with a fox-bodied road racer on a trailer behind his Explorer. So I would say that I've gotten pretty decent feedback so far.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Got pulled over in Tulsa, OK this weekend around 1am. I was clocked at 76 in a 65 and had a little time to step on the brakes before the radar hit me :wink: I just switched insurance and didn't have the verification with me, also I just moved back from Europe and had an expired license!
The trooper that pulled me over really liked the Bullitt, he even asked about the insurance costs, differences between the GT and Bullitt.. perhaps he didn't know they were all gone? Anyway, he was VERY nice and gave me a warning for the speeding and overlooked the other infractions!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Lucky dogs! I got stopped doing 60 in a 40 and he just wrote the ticket. $130, that was half of a superchip.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This past Saturday I was out to breakfast with the family. I could see the Bullitt from where I was sitting. A VERY attractive woman (I'd say late 20's) left the restaurant with an older woman and spent about 5 minutes walking around the car. I could tell from her hand gestures that she was explaining all the specialties of the Bullitt to her companion. My wife's comment was "it's a good thing this didn't happen when you were out with the guys and had a couple of beers in you". I had to agree (jokingly), an attractive woman that knows her cars, very tempting.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have a friend with a Plymouth Prowler, but his wife is crazy about my Bullitt. I pulled up beside them on the passenger side as we were heading to a restaurant, and spun the tires a little. His wife said, "Oh my God, I wanna ride with you!". He is much bigger than me, so I wisely told her to stay in the Prowler, and watch my tail lights, lol. :grin:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
835 Posts
On the way home from work today, I was beside a school bus waiting for the light to change. Since the weather was nice, I had the windows down, and heard one of the kids say, "Look! It's a Bullitt! Cool!" Surprisingly, the others on board rushed to the passenger side of the bus and lowered all the winndows. Not wishing to disappoint my newfound admirers, I made sure they all got a godd show with lots of sound effects, especially after I turned the corner and pointed those twin exhausts right at them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts