Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I finally ordered my AEM AFR gauge, but I'm confused about where to mount the exhaust bung. The instructions say to mount it before the Cats and a minimum of 18" from the exhaust ports. On the B, the forward cat is about 4-6" from the exhaust ports. Where did you guys mount yours? I was leaning towards putting it between the cats. I assume it doesn't matter which side you mount it on.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My shop mounted mine before the cat on the passengers side pipe facing the driver side. He put it right after the bend.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
I got one of those too. haven't mounted mine yet.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blmarlow said:
My shop mounted mine before the cat on the passengers side pipe facing the driver side. He put it right after the bend.
Bruce,
Do you mean before the leading cat? There's not much room there. Did they take down the pipe to do it? I've got an e-mail into AEM. I don't mind dropping the pipe to get at it, but I'm afraid it's too close to the exhaust ports (per their specs).
Thanks,
Bruce (the other Bruce:lol: )

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yes before the lead cat. And he did it when it was on the car. I have a bassani catted x maybe I have more room I havent looked at my stock h in awhile. I would defintly put it before the lead cat.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blmarlow said:
Yes before the lead cat. And he did it when it was on the car. I have a bassani catted x maybe I have more room I havent looked at my stock h in awhile. I would defintly put it before the lead cat.
Thanks, that's what I will plan to do. I talked to AEM yesterday and they said to place it before the cats, even if it is less than 18" from the exhaust ports. The only problem I may have is shortening the life of the O2 sensor. I will mount it on the driver's side since it is easier to get to, and since the fuel lines are on the passenger's side, it will be easier for me to weld.
Thanks again,
Bruce

·
Registered
286 Posts
it has to go befor the cat. do you have a stock mid pipe? whats your reason for getting wide band? mines going to be going in within the next week or so but i have bassani catted mid so i have more room for it. what side will not matter. both banks will run close to the same, if they dont you will fell it and the check ingine light should light. if its befor the first cat on a stock mid pipe i agree that sensor life will be shortened. i had mine in my fox that i used for a dd for 2 years and sensor is still good. mine is an aem also

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yea I dont know why my shop put it on the right side. when I told him it would be mounted on the A Pillar.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
brucebotti said:
Thanks, that's what I will plan to do. I talked to AEM yesterday and they said to place it before the cats, even if it is less than 18" from the exhaust ports. The only problem I may have is shortening the life of the O2 sensor. I will mount it on the driver's side since it is easier to get to, and since the fuel lines are on the passenger's side, it will be easier for me to weld.
Thanks again,
Bruce
take pics and post 'em please??? :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeffs89gt said:
it has to go befor the cat. do you have a stock mid pipe? whats your reason for getting wide band? mines going to be going in within the next week or so but i have bassani catted mid so i have more room for it. what side will not matter. both banks will run close to the same, if they dont you will fell it and the check ingine light should light. if its befor the first cat on a stock mid pipe i agree that sensor life will be shortened. i had mine in my fox that i used for a dd for 2 years and sensor is still good. mine is an aem also
The entire exhaust is completely stock. If the worse thing that happens is that I replace the sensor every couple of years, that will be okay with me.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blmarlow said:
Yea I dont know why my shop put it on the right side. when I told him it would be mounted on the A Pillar.
I'm surprised they put it on the right side. It's really tough getting up in there with the starter in the way. Must be easier with the Bassani.

Frankenstang,
I'll try to take some pic's tonight. However, I am technology challenged..:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
blmarlow said:
Bruce I tried replying to your pm but your inbox is full

1 - 13 of 13 Posts