Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running an aftermarket throttle body, like a 65mm bbk or Accufab. Just wondering if it was worth the high dollar price tag on these items. Thanks

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I am running the Accufab on my Bullitt. The throttle response is much quicker and the car "appears" to have more power when you just tap the accelerator, but I think it is just that so much more air flows at a light throttle. After a week or so you don't even notice it. I don't really think that it justifies the cost, especially if you are not supercharged.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am surpercharged

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
bullitt00623 said:
I have heard a 10to 12hp gain with the accufab if u are supercharged.
I cannot confirm or deny that because I never went back and redynoed. You also have to do some cutting on your intake to get it to fit.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
blmarlow said:
Anybody running an aftermarket throttle body, like a 65mm bbk or Accufab. Just wondering if it was worth the high dollar price tag on these items. Thanks
Good question. I have the dual 65MM BBK that I need to install. I was wondering if anyone with a BULLITT had ever used the same thing ... (???)

I dont think it will run too rich with the 65 MM on a NA motor. I was afraid the ACCUFAB might. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What size Accufab are you running?
I upgraded to the Accufab 75mm with the KB Bullitt kit...
I'm sure it's a difference over the 65mm, but it was only $15 bucks to go from the 65 to the 75. So what the heck...
However, I don't know how much difference it would make on a N/A motor...

David

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My buddy put the 65mm BBK on his 03 Mach N/A with JLT ram air intake. And he cant get his tune right I guess it made a big enough diffence to need a custom tune.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Devious said:
What size Accufab are you running?
I upgraded to the Accufab 75mm with the KB Bullitt kit...
I'm sure it's a difference over the 65mm, but it was only $15 bucks to go from the 65 to the 75. So what the heck...
However, I don't know how much difference it would make on a N/A motor...

David
I am running this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts