Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, my rear amps have been ruined for some time now and a buddy of mine at Custom Situations told that its time to redo my whole system. I am gonna have the whole system pulled out and rewired. I am gonna get a Pioneer 4000 Head Unit with the DVD player and stuff. Im gonna get an RE 10" subwoofer with a small 200W amp and a 1 farad capacitor cause I don't wanna hurt the cars performance.:eek:uch: I also gonna let them put it all in since I want it perfect(the guy doing it has already done the same thing to his '03 GT but with two tens and bigger amp). I have Steeda UDPs and just wonderin' 1)If the system is a good call, 2)If the pullies will negatively affect anything and 3)What is a good price for the whole thing?(Its gonna cost just under a grand for head unit,sub(not box),install and rewiring(I have the rest of the stuff). Thanks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The system sound fine, especially if you already have all the pieces. I don't know if the pullies will hurt or not, depends on how much you are getting out of you alternator. A good price? Depends on your area and stuff. I would imagine that it would be at least $200 in labor (min) for a HU install, speaker install, amp kit install not to mention wiring harnesses, new speaker wire, amp kit.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
1- Very good, imho. I would do a different sub (I prefer JL Audio) but it would move the price up a bit. You didn't mention speakers, but remember, if you remove everything, the 6x8's also need to be replaced.

2- Shouldn't. My '02 GT had UDPs and a modest 1,000 watt system, and no problems at all.

3- Stereo should be 500, amp and sub another 300, parts and labor around 200, so a grand is right on.

Extra advice- If you have an iPod, be sure to pop for the Pioneer USB iPod cable. It can handle the heat stress of the car better than the Apple cable can. It should only be 35 or 40 bucks, so it would be cheap insurance. Any other questions, hit me with a PM and I will try to get back to you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mark, give out any hookups on stereo equipment!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
what re sub? because if you gonig for sq i would get an se from them they sound great. On the other hand JL is also great but there are better sounding woofers out there, especially for the price, Image dynamics ID max, sounds amazing, as good as if not better than JL w6v2 which many regard as the best sq sub out there. If you wanna save space you could get a sound splinter rli-8 which is simply the most amazing 8 i have ever heard( i have one) it drops low, takes 500Watts all day and sounds better than an 8 inch W7

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I would have to check with my boss on Monday, but I would think if anyone wants anything from Pioneer or Kenwood (head units) or from JL Audio, Kicker, MTX, or Focal (amps, speakers, and subs) could probably do like 15% off retail for IMBOC members (as long as that is ok with B-Man as well) plus shipping. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts