Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, fellow bullit owners, i feel like i did us all a favor today when i was confronted by a new body style corvette with a rather aged yuppie driving. he got behind me and i had two cars in front so we had to play nice for a minute. as soon as the car in front pulled over, we both nailed it. i nailed it in second going about 40. initially i jumped out on him about 15 feet. we ran through second, third and about 5 seconds of fourth. i am pleased to say that he did not gain an inch of ground on me through the entire match. i know he was on it because i saw him gripping the wheel and cusing through my mirror. when i let off we were doing around 110. i must say, i was expecting to get my ass kicked but to my surprise, from a rolling start, i did just fine.i'll bet the wished he would have paid half the price for that vette and gotten a bullitt!!!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bet he had an automatic and not the 6 speed. Having owned a few Corvettes both manuals and automatics a 1995 being my last ) I would bet he had the automatic which for an automatic shifts extremely well but if he had the 6 speed he should have given you or us Bullitts a better run than he did. My 95 was an automatic and I swear it had an speed attenuater on it because the one time I flat out opened it up all the way the digital speedometer hit 139 and it cut out. I thought for sure I could have it over 150. I got rid of it for that reason, also the fact that I missed my manual 6 speed as well as I was tired of the color, it was bright Yellow. I'm not too thrilled with the look of the newer Vettes, they are taking on the European exotic sports car look a little too much for my liking.

More Powerfull than a speeding Bullitt, NOT!
Frank s/n 00001 Black Bullitt # 2627 fighting for Truth Justice and the American Way, in Montvale, New Jersey.

BTW when I did the 139 in the Vette, I did it on the Jones Beach Causeway on Long Island in the dead of winter which is a flat out dead strait-a-way for miles that is totally deserted during the winter time. I wasn't risking anyones life but my own. I use to take my Kawasaki motorcycles there to see what they could do back in the 70's. Now I just chug-a-long on my Harley Fatboy. Once though I did test ride a Fatboy with an after-market blower and supercharger on it and I popped a wheely on it right off the line. The staff at the dealer went nuts but those watching applauded. Little did they know I did it by accident. ( I use to do it all the time on the Cow though )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-22 01:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-22 01:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i suspected that the car was an automatic c5 but i can't be certain. when i pulled up next to him before he got behind me in traffic, he revved it up a little. also, i caught him in the perfect spot of my poweband. when we hit it at 40 i was at about 4000 rpm in second gear. as you all know, this is a good spot for the bullitt

·
Registered
295 Posts
Regardless of what I said True Blue Bullitt 3049...You did good work,
Black Beauty Bullitt 2627 from Montvale, New Jersey, also all stock is proud of you ...:)>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts