Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know a good, but cheap AC repair man. When i got my bullitt in Sept, from San Juan Capistrano Ford, a rat crawled up in the engine and ate the drain hose back to the fire wall, and in to the vapor box. So when i use it it drains in my passenger seat. The dealer won't fix it under the warrenty since it was a rat and they even admitted to having that problem on there lot. So if someone knows a good place around Camp Pendleton, or Fallbrook please let me know. They said they would charge me $900 to fix it, but i want to see if i can find it cheaper........??????

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-07-07 12:41, 'Have BULLITT will travel' wrote:
Can't help you out with good shop ... don't use the A/C it only cuts down on your HP.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I try to tell my wife that, but she won't live without her A/C.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i can't because the dam rat ate into the vapor box, but this also means i can't use my heater when it does get cold out or my defrosters, so either way i need to fix it.

7,020 Posts
Not sure, by if the window defroster did not work at the time of the sale, and the window defroster is part of the basic safety equipment, the dealership 'knew of this defect' they may not be able to sell the car until it's in put back into good working order. They may be liable to fix it ... call California State Automotive Repair Bureau (800)952-5210 ask them what are your rights in this matter.

Note: If the dealership admitted to the rat problem under the hood eating hoses, this goes to 'having pryer knowledge' and they have to go the extra mile to fix any problems do to their 'pryer knowledge'.

on your six ... DHG 1005

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 'Have BULLITT will travel' on 2005-07-07 16:19 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts