Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the 4.6 L game. I've been trying to research which air induction system to get. They vary in price and all have decent HP gains according to their descriptions. Spoke with NEED-4-SPEED down here in Clearwater FL and they are showing me the C&L System for about $300.?? They say this system's air meter works best for the Bullitt. A buddy of mine has the K&N system in his 99 GT and he loves it ($275). Summitt Racing has the BBK Cold Air System in the mid 100's. I just want the best system at a great price....Im worried about "generic air meters for regular GT's" on these systems. I know our engines are different from the standard GT and I'm just damn confused. Please Help. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Center, please research and look at some of the topics in "Mods"!
most Bullittheads seem to be VERY happy with their CAI kits from Demolet Motorsports called a Denscharger.
john is a member here and an enthusiast!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-11-28 17:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a problem...I did look through the Mod section and I wasn't familiar with some of the products and terminology. I'll reseach elsewhere.

·
Registered
388 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-28 21:40, Dans Black#3231 wrote:
I have amf power pipe and 81mm.IAM very happy with it.I got and honest 8hp from it and the air meter is for a BULLITT.I must say installation is a *#$%&!!.Call 800-234-3106 or http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com.You may know of them already.DRAG PACK COBRA..

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you saying installation of the Power Pipe is difficult? How so? How long did it take? What were the tough parts?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have the MAC CAI and like it. But you don't really feel too much of a difference. I got the MAC free, otherwise I would have gone with the Densecharger. It is cheaper and performs the same.

You will probably not see much if any power gains with just a CAI over a stock box with a K&N.

7,020 Posts
CENTERMASS, all the dyno testing out their points to the best MAF Induction System as C&L MAF. DHG 1005 has C&L 80mm MAF, with their 80mm TrueFlow cast alum. inlet tube and 9" conical in-line K&N air filter. The kit come with a plastic cover plate that keeps the hot air from under the hood to get into the induction intake. The K&N air filter draws it cold air from the stock fender hole.

Kit 10699P cost $399. delivered

C&L dyno numbers show 20 hp gain and up to 50 hp with a supercharger. DHG 1005 is equipped with an Allen Engine Development RevII 'BULLITT' (roots) Blower running 7 psi of boost w/ 400+ hp at the flywheel.

Talk to C&L @ (256)882-6813 you can't go wronge, you will love the look and the performance of their kit.

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Go with the full length densecharger with the carbon fiber option. It makes a slight difference, however you will mostly feel the difference in the higher rpms, and the throttle response is better. I got mine from john demolett and it was $160 i believe.
Mike
p.s service at johns buisness is top notch, and they are very polite and helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts